cookies

stormycloud

Hello, i'm trying to do a survey on this one site and it will not let me unless I get into my cookies and allow click something to allow this survey company to get into my cookies and also a third party. I'm not sure what that means. Can someone pls explain to me. Thank you so much. :shock:

If i were you, i wouldnt mess with that kind of surveys and simply ignore them and move on.

When in doubt i dont. Dont compromise when it comes to any private data being shared.

All our data is half stolen by google already.

I do a search on google or gmail and it shows up on all my emails or any site i go on.

If i were you, i wouldnt mess with that kind of surveys and simply ignore them and move on.

When in doubt i dont. Dont compromise when it comes to any private data being shared.

All our data is half stolen by google already.

I do a search on google or gmail and it shows up on all my emails or any site i go on.

So sgontu, how do you do this search on google, What do you put in to google it And thank you!!

Two different topics -

I would nt take any surveys which asks me to download software or access my cookies.

Point # 2 : You do a regular search for a product - say a deal in las vegas or an ipod touch.

Go login to Gmail, it will start showing up on your gmail on top of your mail box.

Not just gmail, All your search texts for shopping or finding information determines your search behavior and is sold to multiple big clients.

You could see what you just searched on Yahoo mail or cnn.com, they are everywhere.

And i have never been asked for any permission to access what i look for.

Trust me all these big corporate search engines can at any point of time access you user id and passwords, they are not doing it yet since they know that would bring in new legislations over user privacy. But i feel my privacy is invaded even in case somebody is accessing my search texts.

I dont know where to go cry about it but it simply isnt right.

I totally agree with you about NOT LETTING ANY SITE TRACK MY USEAGE, not I have anything to hide,there is a site that they want to track my using the internet and it has been in this site for over a month, and I won't do it but they won't take it away ::

Here is what this site is asking me to do............ect.

You will now be asked a few brief questions to determine your eligibility to participate in a special study. If you qualify, you will have the opportunity to earn 1,250 :shock: Points in your first year of participation.

This study will help leading companies understand the Internet preferences and browsing behavior of consumers. To participate, you must install a small software application (named Consumer Input) on your computer that will not affect the speed or any other aspects of your browsing experience. The online activity data collected will only be shared in anonymous form. Please read the Privacy Policy (link below) for more details. Consumer Input was developed by ------------------ a sister company of ------------ :roll:

100 :shock: Points for successfully downloading and installing Consumer Input

400 :shock: Points for keeping the application active on your computer for the first month

50 :shock: Points for each month you keep Consumer Input active on your computer and remain an active member of the :roll: panel

100 bonus :shock: Points every six months

Pre-qualification for additional surveys

Please be assured that the data collected will be kept in the strictest confidence. Results derived will be shared in anonymous form only and will not be linked to you personally. Consumer Input is not designed to collect or record any personally identifiable information and actively removes sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) before storing the data.

Is this for real??? THEY HAVE GOT TO BE OUT OF THEIR COTTEN PICKIN MIND IF THEY THINK I'M GOING TO DO THIS :roll::roll::roll:

And it comes to about $10.00. I'm sorry but I would rather change dirty diapers or shovel horse manure than downloading anything, and they can put that in their pipe and smoke it!!!! :?:?:?

1957horses

I agree with you.I would never install anything on my computer I think it slows down your computer and who knows what else.Idon't trust any of that stuff.Better safe then sorry.

I am also very leery of downloading anything like an app onto my computers. Even though they say you can delete it afterwards, I just don't like to do it and never have for a survey. If it asks me I always say no thanks.

There is already enough tracking going on with our everyday surfing as another poster has said. Tracking cookies are only a small parts of that too.

Point # 2 : You do a regular search for a product - say a deal in las vegas or an ipod touch.

Go login to Gmail, it will start showing up on your gmail on top of your mail box.

not if you disable the ads in your gmail mailbox :P

If any of you are running AVG antivirus(free edition) there was an update this weekend and now there is a little thing called "AVG -do not track" that disables all tracking cookies across the web. A little eye will appear on your browser up by the address bar and it tells you what it is blocking. You can totally control all of the things it blocks or does not block. I love it.