Survey about surveys

teachell

Yesterday I took a very long survey about surveys and most of the questions were so weird!

I really felt as if I was in a pinball machine with how the questions bounced back and forth.

By the way, I did state many times in that survey that I wanted to take surveys for MONEY :D instead of just to contribute my opinion to the world.

I always wonder what the purpose of the survey is when I take a survey.

So, do you think the survey world is starting to re-think people taking surveys for contest entries? Do you think fewer people are participating in the survey world because there are fewer cash incentives? I'm very curious about this-do you think the trend will swing back to getting paid?

Chime in with your thoughts!

teachell

• 2 weeks later...

I certainly agree with you, that companies are definitely becoming more conscious of the survey taker as a definite "animal" so to speak!!! It seems that almost all the surveys I take these days ask the question about how recently you have filled in another survey and what the subject matter was all about and I have filled in surveys recently from the actual survey company (rather than an outsourced client like say Mars) who want to know what the panellists want to see in a survey they take - so maybe we are developing some say in these matters, as they begin to realise that our voices are valuable and we are a very unique sort of person. I always put that I am interested in giving my opinion because quite honestly I feel it is quite sad to be in this only for the money, its like most things, you have to have SOME liking for what you are doing. Dont you feel it at least validates your ego a little for being asked what you as a thinking, breathing, living person think of a particular product??? In the sense that a huge company who product a certain product or service is a faceless thing and to be asked on an individual level what you like or don't like is a huge step in the right direction when it comes to customer service and the man in the street (or woman) being given a chance to air their views so that companies take notice and change their corporate impersonal-ness!!

Rant over...sorry guys, thanks for listening!!

LizzieAnn :oops::D