How much are you doing with the surveys companies?

David22

I would like to know the hundreds of dollars that many people here are doing with surveys companies like the excellent and best company Opinion Outpost. So, list the companies you use and the amount you receive and the amount of time that it takes, for example:

Opinion Outpost $25 weekly

Surveyhead $25 weekly

mysurvey - $10 weekly

MYview - $10 weekly

Toluna- $20 weekly

GlobalTestmarket $20 weekly

Valued Opinions $10 weekly

I cant give you a weekly pay scale from any company because I don't make that much with anyone company in a weeks time.Plus if I added up all the earnings you listed for one week that would be more then I make in a month's time.It's unrealistic to make that much money in a week in the survey world.

I cant give you a weekly pay scale from any company because I don't make that much with anyone company in a weeks time.Plus if I added up all the earnings you listed for one week that would be more then I make in a month's time.It's unrealistic to make that much money in a week in the survey world.

I agree. I've also gotten rid of most of the sites the OP listed and opted for those that tend to send me surveys that pay a hefty chunk of money for my time. I'd probably make more through survey sites if I tried to do every single survey sent to me, but I refuse to spend half an hour answering questions for pennies.

I usually cash out at the minimum from my sites every 2-3 months.

i guess it's the person.. for me i hit $600 with OO last month and had to stop.. i'm about at that mark now with surveyhead (and its combined companies).. GTM I cash out $50 once per month, and right now i'm about a week ahead..

but those are the only companies i can do anything with.. Valued Opinions doesn't give me anything.. nothing in the past 5 months that is relevant to me.. and Toluna, i can't see how you can make $20 a week with them unless you're doing every survey that comes along.. which, due to their lower pay and the fact they use a survey router that other companies also use, messes up my getting surveys from GTM and the like that pay more.. so i cut Toluna.

i guess it's the person.. for me i hit $600 with OO last month and had to stop.. i'm about at that mark now with surveyhead (and its combined companies).. GTM I cash out $50 once per month, and right now i'm about a week ahead..

but those are the only companies i can do anything with.. Valued Opinions doesn't give me anything.. nothing in the past 5 months that is relevant to me.. and Toluna, i can't see how you can make $20 a week with them unless you're doing every survey that comes along.. which, due to their lower pay and the fact they use a survey router that other companies also use, messes up my getting surveys from GTM and the like that pay more.. so i cut Toluna.

I'm glad you do that well -I just wonder how much time and effort you put into to make that much?Guess I'm to burned out from doing this for 8 to 9 years to put that much effort into it.Plus I don't so business with OO or Surveyhead life to short to hunt down a buck.

I too agree that it is unrealistic. I'm not saying it can't be done but I'm not seeing it. I'm only with one company(SH) but still I average about $50 a month. Which is equivalent to $12.50 a week if you figure it up that way.

Weekly? Weekly? Uhm, we are talking maybe a buck or two, but mostely pennies. I don't smoke, drink, etc, and I get dq'd for a lot of those types of surveys. Not saying that is how folks are making money on the surveys, but I am seeing a lot more of those types of surveys. I am lucky if I get a dollar a week on any site. Not kidding. It can take me years to get to $50 on Springboard, and it has, still not there yet. But I am hopeful.

I used to make that much and more but that all changed about a year ago. I don't even bother trying to keep up with it anymore. The focus groups have also went from 1 or 2 per month to 1 or 2 every 3 months. One would think that marketing would be more important in slow times but I must be wrong. If they don't pay at least $8-$10 per hour I just delete them. I am not going to make the billion dollar companies even richer by working for nothing. They can go away.

I used to make that much and more but that all changed about a year ago. I don't even bother trying to keep up with it anymore. The focus groups have also went from 1 or 2 per month to 1 or 2 every 3 months. One would think that marketing would be more important in slow times but I must be wrong. If they don't pay at least $8-$10 per hour I just delete them. I am not going to make the billion dollar companies even richer by working for nothing. They can go away.

Agree with you, and what do you think is the reason for this change about a year ago?

Agree with you, and what do you think is the reason for this change about a year ago?

same here guys, when i first started doing surveys abot 4 or 5 yrs ago i was doing really well, now like yall said, not really worth the effort these days. i reckon im burned out a bit too.

The recession started in 2008 and got worse in 2009-2010 so I think many of the survey companies were overextended and it has caught up with them now. Toluna. Opinion Outpost and SurveySpot used to be my meat and potatoes but they all cut the pay and I delete most of their emails without even looking at them now. I also did well with Lightspeed and then mysurvey bought them out and I unsubscribed from that cheap bunch of junk. That is several companies I used to make decent money with that has gone down the poop-er so that is the change. I also think by lowering the pay scale they have been getting bad input from the survey takers so it skews the data therefore the manufactures may have quit using them as much. I used to get focus groups and online bulletin boards that paid between $250 to $600. I am now seeing them pay $50 for the same time period. I was on one last month that only paid $50 for 90 minutes and it amazed me at the crap answers and just yes and no responses they were getting. It seemed to me everyone was just trying to get it over with as soon as possible. When they were paying $250 for 90 minutes everyone was giving thoughtful answers and it was actually fun. Like the old saying "You get what you pay for" I think the manufactures are still paying top dollar but it is not being passed on to us and we are the ones that makes this business work.

I would like to know the hundreds of dollars that many people here are doing with surveys companies like the excellent and best company Opinion Outpost. So, list the companies you use and the amount you receive and the amount of time that it takes, for example:

Opinion Outpost $25 weekly

Surveyhead $25 weekly

Mysurvey - $10 weekly

MYview - $10 weekly

Toluna- $20 weekly

GlobalTestmarket $20 weekly

Valued Opinions $10 weekly

How can you make that amount of money?