BigBuckSurveys and anyone get anywhere on any site

chrism

I took a "Big Bucks" survey through SendEarnings (looks exactly like Inboxdollars to me) for supposedly $1.25. I'm on no lie for about an hour and getting so frustrated but bound and determined that they are going to pay me and I end up on PCH.com and go round and round and round with no end in site. So I ask SendEarnings "help" and they tell me to try another browser?!?!? I already wasted and hour and a half and they want me to go to another browser and waste another hour and a half for $1.25. I earned more than that babysitting in the 70s!!

I'm finding this surveys online just frustrating in general. I have $7-11 dollars locked up in a 5 sites just cuz I was trying to see which one actually works. I have $20 in Cashback.. and that's the only one I'll be able to redeem after a month's worth of trying (the $5 sign up helped). My job was just knocked down to part time and I want to quit it all together but having a REALLY hard time trying to find a way to make just about $40 a day.

ANY ideas?

Isn't Surveyhead just points or cash to donations?? I'll try opinion outpost, I'm signed up anyhow.

Nope, surveys for lotsa moola :wink: And JD Powers same thing. :P But it takes a while cause after completing a survey, it is pending for a while, then when redeeming for reward, it is pending AGAIN :shock: but it is my best survey site here to make $$$. :P

Thanks so much - Oops - I remembered that it was SurveySpot where you only earned points or had to donate or something.

I don't know about anyone else but I tried to "freelance" on three sites and I could make out worse than filling out surveys!! People were paying pennies an hour for jobs. Unless you've been able to build a reputation or are able to build a computer I don't see how freelancing could keep food on the table.

I don't wanna go back to an office!!! I guess I'll try the other sites, can't hurt - does it ever pay more than a dollar a day though ?? cuz that's about what I'm making.

Thanks so much - Oops - I remembered that it was SurveySpot where you only earned points or had to donate or something.

I don't know about anyone else but I tried to "freelance" on three sites and I could make out worse than filling out surveys!! People were paying pennies an hour for jobs. Unless you've been able to build a reputation or are able to build a computer I don't see how freelancing could keep food on the table.

I don't wanna go back to an office!!! I guess I'll try the other sites, can't hurt - does it ever pay more than a dollar a day though ?? cuz that's about what I'm making.

Surveys are not an efficient way to generate income. If you're looking to replace an office job, I would suggest you look for a "real" work at home job. Sites like www.wahm.com aren't just for moms! :)

Any freelance type of work is going to start out paying next to nothing as you build up your reputation. Those looking to hire need proof of your worth - a portfolio and references is going to be the proof that they are looking for.

this basically covers gas money and extra other things money for me.. when i was doing it a lot earlier in the year i would make about $75 per week over all of my sites.. that was the average for me.. but believe me if you do them enough to earn that much you won't want to keep up with it after a few months.. right now i'm down to just whatever i feel like doing and it's like 20-$30 per week.

Thanks so much for the lead to JDPowers. I already got $6.05. They credit you 10 cents if you tried to get into a survey but were declined. That's an added benefit. I don't see any other site doing that. Thanks again!

The insight on the freelancing was helpful too. Unfortunately that's what I thought too and it just isn't gonna happen overnight.

Thanks to avemaria too for your input. You're right I won't want to keep up the pace I have now and it took me almost a month to get $100 (from various sites so I can't redeem all but $20!!). It just seems to take way too long to earn it. I got to step away from this computer - but I'll be checking in once in awhile - you guys helped me today!

I hae to say it but OnlyCash Surveys has been the best for me, well, until I think they changed the threshold for cashout to $25 from $25. Even OO is $10 now. But I can't get much of anything on that one. If anyone has one they want to refer me into, let me know so you get some credit.

of course it depends on your demographics as well.. i did well with Opinion Outpost (though they've cut their pay rates the past few years).. but others on this site hate them with a vengeance and make nothing with them.. and there is a person who makes around $8,000 or so per year (which is beyond me) that someone mentioned once on the site here. You have to look at it as something for extra money, not real income.. if so there are better ways to earn money i'm sure.. but for those who don't want to wrap their brain around an actual business, this doesn't take any real effort to do.

Demographics...ah, another problem I have. I'm old as far as surveys are concerned I'm sure. I have no children either. I'm so new at all this, I just thought maybe just maybe I could find a way, but with a lack of money to risk and just a set of office skills....

Demographics makes a huge difference... the sites mentioned here (OO, GTM and Surveyhead) that avemaria and others like, I can't make a dime on... GTM used to be okay but now I am DQ'd most of the time. I am 61, and my kids are grown, so I figure I am aging out of the favored demographic.

Lately, only Pinecone and Swagbucks have been worth my time.... :-(

Just to show you how odd this BBS is, I have joined it 3 times, and never gotten a survey from them or found one to do on their site. So I just keep joining thinking I will eventually get one.