Survey Spot-Worth the time?

teachell

Folks,

As they say, time is money. I've been doing Survey Spot surveys for the past four months and have $1.00 to my name. Nevertheless, I keep on with them, hoping I'll be asked to participate in a focus group or a more detailed survey.

Should I hold my breath? Or just know that I may win the sweepstakes? Or give it up altogether?

teachell :roll:

Keep trying. In addition to the focus group invites, Surveyspot also provides invitations to private panels (usually via Communispace) that can provide incentives.

I take every survey offered to me. I feel like I have to plow through a lot of nonqualifiers (I don't buy much, so I'm not a desirable respondent)before I get a paying survey or focus group invite. Same with Greenfield.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been a member of survey spot for 4 years now and have made a good amount of money over the years from them. I had been receiving 5 Surveys a day from them everyday. But all of a sudden last week I quit receiving surveys from them. I have written them 5 times concerning this issue and have yet to receive response. Has any one else been experiencing this.

i'd suggest that u avoid any surveys that only reward u with a sweepstake entry

Yes, there many surveys on SurveySpot that pay with only a sweepstake entry, but sometimes you have to work through the queue of sweepstakes surveys to get to the $$.

I earned a nice chunk of money from Surveyspot alone this year, and a similar amount from Greenfield. I never would have earned that amount of money if I skipped the sweepstakes surveys, because often the $$ surveys are hidden in the survey queues behind the sweepstakes surveys.

My Survey Spot and Greenfield earnings suffer when I don't do the sweepstakes surveys.

• 4 months later...

SurveySpot is a joke to me- I'll bet over 3/4th their surveys are just for drawings/sweepstakes- and these are 15-20 minutes surveys.

No thanks, there's only so much time to do surveys- so I work with the sites that PAY an incentive for every survey.

You can cash out eventually there, and they do send the check, but in my experience it'll take months to even get 6 or 7 dollars totalled up.

I earned $2o from one survey with Survey Spot. I asked to cash out & had the check in 3 weeks. It's weird how so many of us have different experiences with the same panels. Anyway, I did have to smarten up with them. I was doing so many for just their sweepstakes before I just deleted these e-mails. If you do that they will only send e-mails for paid ones!

did TONS and TONS of surveys for them and never even once qualified for a paying survey in a couple years - finally gave up and went with lightspeed, Pinecone, harris and Ipsos - though I'm not sure how long the last two will keep my attention either

It is a hard time out there. I'm not having much luck with any of the ones you mentioned. I am brand new to Pinecone so I hope they are better as others have said they will be. Gook luck.

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents in response to:

Surveyspot is totally worth it. You just have to know what demographics they are looking for.

Companies spend millions of dollars on research in the hopes of finding respondents who will match a demographic but most important, not lie about that demographic. Why would they want to pay someone to lie so they would make decisions on false information that could potentially put their profits and utlimately someone's job at risk?

Go DIRECTLY to the BIG research companies; join the database; BE HONEST; and you will get offers. Try Delve at www.delve.com. Be a valuable and honest respondent. You'll not only feel good about yourself but you can also make some money in the process.

• 2 weeks later...

I love surveyspot. I make a good deal of cash with them. You just have to keep trying. I think the surveyspot toolbar helps alot because you don't have to wait for an invite to take surveys. You can take sometimes up to 10-15 a day.

• 5 weeks later...
Folks,

As they say, time is money. I've been doing Survey Spot surveys for the past four months and have $1.00 to my name. Nevertheless, I keep on with them, hoping I'll be asked to participate in a focus group or a more detailed survey.

I do only paid surveys for Survey Spot and I might add they are one of the few companies who is 100% accurate in paying me for surveys completed. Of course when people like you are willing to spend months taking surveys for free, they have no reason to offer payment for surveys.

When all survey companies stop paying us to take surveys, you will only have yourself to blame.

I think your time would be better spent entering sweepstakes. It would take a lot less time, the reward for winning would be better, and you would probably even have a better chance of winning something. With all the spare time you would have left over, you could even take some paid surveys and help stop the trend of survey companies expecting us to take surveys for free.

I've been with Survey Spot on and off for years. Back when I first joined. I did very well with them. But in the past two years, I've yet to get to payout but one time.

I guess my demo has changed, EH?

Susie