MyView - do you love it? Hate it?

hpilgrim1

Not anymore. They used to be half decent; I did $55 in 2010 and $45 in 2011. Still have not been able to cash out this year, and I carried over 7,150 points. Used to give you 125 for DQ, now at 100. Used to have an Amazon at 21,000 for $15, now lowest I've seen is something like 33,500 for $25. And Amazon disappears with some regularity. As soon as I can cash out (which will probably be sometime next year), I'm gone.

I like the site but I've only been a member for a year or less so I don't have any memories of how good it "used to be".

Its a waste of time. For 350 points which is 35 cents, you spend close to 20 mins.

And all 2-3$ surveys from other sites are posted for 350 or 700 points on this site.

It feels like an eternity to reach that 34000 mark which is 25 dollars and any gift card takes close to 8-10 weeks.

Yeah, don't waste your time. I've got 32,600 and have been with them since 2009 (never cashed out). I never get surveys any more, and if I do, they're always closed as soon as I click the link, even if I got the invite minutes before.

Also, the reward options are a joke. I read people post on here about Amazon gift cards being there, but I've never seen them. I always have the option to donate my points to charity, which I would do if I trusted that they'd actually give the money to the charity. There's also options to redeem for PS3 or xbox for 525,000, which, if you earn at my speed, you'll be able to get one just in time for that technology to be a very expensive dust collecting paper weight.

Thanks very much for the reviews.... I really like amazon gc's and if they come and go, I wouldn't like that....! It seems that so many surveys lately look exactly like one I have seen on another site. I am assuming that more and more companies are being bought out, and we are really dealing with the same few people (companies) in the background.... that can't be good - we need these people to be competing with one another for panelists...:-/

that's why i got rid of Toluna and myview and all the others.. because i noticed the surveys on their site were similar to the ones i got on GTM and other better paying ones... and if you do them on Toluna and myview, they won't show up on the GTM router so it's not worth it.

Hate it. Takes FOREVER to accumulate points and they randomly have decent rewards available. Even if a site pays well, if it takes 3 or 4 months to be on at the right time when the gift card you want is available it's a waste of time.

hpilgrim, I guess I am an exception because I love MyView. I don't wait for invitations on email..I just go on and see if they have the initial screener, check it off and see if I have a survey. I sometimes get 6 or more in a row. I am rarely disqualified. Lots of magazine surveys...they don't pay a lot but they add up. If you change your mind and need an invitation (I get 1,000 points if you do!) please email me through here with your email address...that's the only way I can send you the invite. Also, even if you disqualify from a survey, you get 100 points. I have gotten a lot of Amazon cards, you just have to keep checking. If they don't have one, just keep accumulating points, no rush. This is my favorite site (except Pinecone, but they don't send often enough).

I actually don't mind it. It takes me no longer to cash out with them than it does anyone else. Everyone has their own taste and preferences, and some people on here can really make the money and gift cards doing surveys. I am plain jane,normal gal and I don't get a lot of surveys. But with Myview I get quite a few for magazines that I read, and they are 750 points each. Once in a while I get one for 2000 points or more. I guess it's demographics a lot of the time. I say give it a try and see.

• 4 weeks later...

Like most survey sites, it seems to work well upon your sign-up (lots of surveys) but then drops off quickly. I made about 7,000 today, but the minimum for the GC I would like (Starbucks) is 34K~. No idea how long it will take because I don't have much experience with MyView.

Like most survey sites, it seems to work well upon your sign-up (lots of surveys) but then drops off quickly. I made about 7,000 today, but the minimum for the GC I would like (Starbucks) is 34K~. No idea how long it will take because I don't have much experience with MyView.

Your best bet is to click on it as many times during the day as possible it seems to run hot and cold right now its cold for me.