Epoll wanted me to take over an hour survey for only $1.40

TSP1973

Well I went to do an Epoll survey today for 1000 points. Well I clicked on it and started it. About 7 minutes into the survey they wanted me to watch a show that was 44 minutes long! :shock: Now being that I spent about 7 minutes on the survey already and if I would have watched it that would have been 51 minutes right their. That doesn't even count the questions after it, which I am sure it would have took at least 10 minutes or more to answer them. So over an hour long for about $1.40, so I exited the survey!

I did exit too. almost an hour with the questions post that video.

As soon as i read 44 mins i closed it.

I contacted them about this and here is what I said.

I have always enjoyed taking surveys through your company. However I was shocked by the huge lack of compensation for taking over an hour survey today for only 1000 points! I click on a link to do one of your surveys, asking questions about shows I like and dislike. It took about 7 minutes, then asked me to watch a show for 44 minutes. So I clicked out of it right away! If I would have watched the show, with the questions already answered that would have been about 51 minutes. I am sure your survey had questions after watching the show, which would have been at least 10 minutes. Which would have been over 1 hour for only 1000 points. Which would have only come to about $1.40, give or take, according to your point payout system of 3500 for $5.

I Understand that your company has to make a profit. However paying the people that take your surveys, they should be given a far compensation for their valuable time spent doing the survey.

The email did not contain a survey number, so here is the link I copied and pasted from the survey.

Thank You

I highly suggest you do the same, let them know you exited out of the survey also. So contact them and let them know you are NOT happy with them on this matter. Also whoever else got this survey and did the same thing exiting out, contact them as well! We need to let them know that this is NOT right and we will not take such low paying surveys!

i think i did that one.. they wanted me to watch 2 days worth of america's got talent.. about 4 hours worth of tv viewing.. i basically just skimmed the online site that has the show up in full.. basically the survey was about their advertiser snapple.. that's why they wanted you to view in full so you could catch the ad.. they asked one question about the actual show and the rest was about iced tea.

YEA I was supposed to do that for "Americas got talent" for 1000 points. You were supposed to watch both nights. I already watch it, I like it very much. But I typed to them that 1,000 points for 3 hours is not worth it, that's like what $1.50 or something like that. So I typed back to them that "Live Wire" payed $10.00 to watch just 1 show, and that they should be ashamed of themselves for offering such a low pay. They typed me back and said if I don't want to do it don't. But nothing about the low payment. :x

Okay I must say a quick response by Epoll in this matter, however that is the ONLY good thing to say here! This is their response:

Dear Epoll Member,

Thank you for contacting us.

In each initial survey invitation, you are notified of the length of the

survey and how many points said survey carries. If you are not satisfied

with one or both of the options, you may opt to skip the survey. This

will not affect your ability to receive future surveys.

--

Epoll Customer Care

So basically what they were saying "Who Gives a Sh!T" what you think! What a great and wonderful attitude from Epoll! It is nice to know where their Morals on Fair Pay stand at!

Wow, I am getting about 1 survey a month from them now. At 500 points per survey, I am going to cash out again sometime next year. I have always liked them though. Just don't know what is going on right now with them.