Why my account was deleted at ACOP

footfree

So going on vacation and not answering their emails for 2 weeks will get you this.

Thank you for your email.  The accounting department will prepare a check for the balance of your account at the time your account was deleted. It will be mailed to you soon. 

Please confirm your mailing address so that we can verify the address before cashing out your member account.  

It appears that emails do not always reach you in your inbox after several attempts.  We suggest that you might try registering under another email account, such as Hotmail, Yahoo!, or Gmail for surveys, to ensure that you receive your emails from us. 

We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your being a member of American Consumer Opinion®.

My response

So I guess this means you dont want to hear my side of the story but I'll give it to you anyways.

I was on vacation in Alaska and that was why I didn't answer your emails.They don't have internet connection in most parts of that state plus as I stated before I was on vacation.I had no problem letting you know this but no where on your web site did I see a place to let you know that I was going to unavailable to do your surveys.However if this is the reason you choose to close my account fine what else am I to do.

Plus this is what is stated on your web site about being inactive

Inactive means that you have not responded to a survey from American Consumer Opinion® within a period of 24 consecutive months. If you wish to remain a Member of the American Consumer Opinion® panel, please choose the Activate Account option.

I was only inactive for a 14 day period if not a little longer.I feel like I was treated unfairly and would like to continue to be a on your panel but hey like I said before I'm not sure what else to do or say.

So if you go on vacation just be warned what could happen to you.

i don't get that at all really.. i was off surveys for about 3 years and came back this january and my account was still there.. can't understand why they'd do this to you.

I dont know why they bounced back .I did check my emails every few days and know that my box wasn't full.Oh well guess I have to get another email or just forget it.

Your account was deleted because emails sent to that email address had bounced back to us and did not reach your inbox.

Once an email address is removed, you cannot use the same email address to register again.

You are welcomed to register with a different email address so that you will receive emails from us.

Our apologies for any inconvenience.