Problem Receiving Payment from TellWut

mikedorb

I was going through this forum about a month or so ago and read about this new panel Tellwut which I never heard of before. I heard you could accumulate points quickly and then purchase various gift cards after reaching a certain point level. I said to myself. This sounds great. So I signed up and in about 2 weeks I reached the 4000 points you needed for a $10 gift card. So I requested a $10 Amazon gift card. Then maybe a week or so after that, I got an e-mail saying my gift card was on the way. OK. No problem. I waited another week and then contacted them about where is my gift card. They came back to me and said it was delivered to me on July 28th and also gave me the time. And they also sent me a link that seemed to be the USPS web site that seemed to confirm that info. But I never got any gift card. I then contacted the United States Post Office and they don't have any record of the transaction.

Now I did some detective work. First of all, it seems that this company is based in Canada which is a red flag in my mind. Second, I can't find any kind of physical address or telephone number for this company.Third, I went on the BBB web site and they have no record of a business under this name. I tried Tellwut and Tell Wut and neither worked.I then contacted Tellwut by e-mail and they responded back that they can't do anything because their records show the gift card was delivered.

Now I am stuck. I am out the $10 gift card I thought I was getting. I e-mailed them again and asked them to do something for me. I hadn't heard from them in almost a week so I sent a second e-mail yesterday. First of all, why are they physically mailing me an Amazon gift card? I probably have gotten Amazon gift cards in the past from about 20 different web sites and they all e-mail me the code. Nobody mails me a physical gift card. I don't think this company ever mailed me a card in the first place. If they did why didn't I get it? Second, the link they sent me I think was fraudulent because why then does the post office say they have no record of the transaction? And I would believe the post office more than I believe them.

I have no recourse now. I can't go to the BBB because they are not listed as a business and I don't think the BBB could do anything anyway if they are based in Canada. Am I correct?. I tried e-mailing them again but honestly I don't expect a response. I asked them to e-mail me a code for the gift card. if I get that, I am all set. I don't need a physical gift card.But it looks like I am going to be stuck. My advice to the people on this board is stay away from this company. Yes, you can accumulate points much quicker than on other sites to be able to get a reward but what good is it if you don't get your reward? A lot of things are very suspicious about this company including being able to accumulate points so quickly. If something seems too good to be true, it probably isn't. This does not look like a legitimate company to me. No wonder I never saw them listed when I searched out online survey companies. I wonder how people found out about them in the first place and how long they have been in business.And another thing, I don't even see on their web site a place where you can terminate your membership. I saw some messages about Tellwut and some people wanted to really accumulate their points so they would get a bigger reward than just cashing out at 4000 points for a $10 gift card. My advice to them is just don't bother. This is just a scam. Other sites have drawbacks like low paying surveys, being kicked out of surveys and waiting a long time to get paid. But at least you get your reward eventually. With this one, I just wasted time accumulating points to get a reward I am probably never going to see.

Mike, I did get the card exactly 7 days afterwards. I don't understand why they spend money on postage either when everyone else uses codes but anyway, it had a code, I went to Amazon and typed it in like we do with the others and it was added to my account. I believe there are folks on this board that have had multiple cards received...let's see what they say. I am sorry this happened to you, what a drag that they aren't responding. I cashed out yesterday and will post if I receive the card next week.

I have cashed out 3 times, 3rd one the other day, and already have just about 2,000 points so far, so I will see what happenes, let you know if I get my 3rd amazon card. I am really sorry to that this has happened to you.

i hate to say it but you may have thrown it away as part of the junk mail.. i ordered an amazon card and it came in an envelope that looked to me like any credit apply now envelope..

I have cashed out 2 times gotten 2 gift cards and used them both and they were legit. I already have 2500 points toward my next one. I'm sorry you are having a problem but sounds like you are the only one. Did you give them a legitimate address? Have you checked to make sure? It's possible you gave them an address that maybe one digit was off or something and it was sent somewhere else.

Beyond that I dunno but I have had nothing but a good experience with them so I cannot complain and I am not going to get on here and bash them.

but as for the question.. so far for me it's not a scam.. though i'm yet to figure out how they're paying out the money as these questions are made by us and we're not paying them to get the answers..

i hate to say it but you may have thrown it away as part of the junk mail.. i ordered an amazon card and it came in an envelope that looked to me like any credit apply now envelope..

Good advice. Hey, it could happen I guess if you are not someone who checks and actually looks at all your mail.

I too have not had any trouble getting my amazon GC and until I have a problem with them I will continue to enjoy the surveys.I do wonder how they are paid since we are the ones submitting the surveys.

I check and look at and open all my mail. I just don't throw out mail without looking at it and opening it up. And I am almost 100% sure I only received one piece of mail that day, a bank statement. Usually the mail on Saturday is very light. There is no way I wouldn't have gotten it if it was in my mailbox. One thing I don't get. If it was mailed like a letter in a regular envelope, how would anybody know if and when it was delivered? On the link they sent me, it showed a tracking number. Unless I am missing something, it had to be in a package and not in a regular envelope. A regular letter doesn't have a tracking number, does it? I even double checked my address on the site to make sure I had my correct address. For another site, a check got returned back to them because I left out my apartment number when signing up. I have no idea what went wrong. I never received it. I am 99.99% sure of that. And if they don't do something to resolve this, I want nothing to do with them again. I am not going to waste my time accumulating points for rewards that I am not going to receive. And another thing, isn't it unusual that you can't terminate your membership with them online? Or I haven't figured out how to do it. They write to me and say it isn't their fault I didn't get it but it isn't my fault either. And I am super careful checking my mail especially since I do receive some checks from a few panels. Most of my panels either do paypal or gift cards but there are still a few out there who just do checks. I just don't assume something is a piece of junk mail. I open up every piece of mail I receive. I am just very frustrated right now. What can I do? Even though they say the card was delivered to me I didn't receive it. And I live by myself so I am the only one that opens my mailbox. There is no way that if it was in my mailbox. I wouldn't have gotten it. And no way I would have thrown it out by mistake.

If I recall, my Amazon card came either in a box or a padded envelope. Whatever it was, I remember it being pretty big and I thought it was a larger item, like a product to try, and when I opened it, I was surprised to see a tiny card. Can anyone else describe the packaging? I could swear it was a cardboard box...just forgot.

If I recall, my Amazon card came either in a box or a padded envelope. Whatever it was, I remember it being pretty big and I thought it was a larger item, like a product to try, and when I opened it, I was surprised to see a tiny card. Can anyone else describe the packaging? I could swear it was a cardboard box...just forgot.

Yep, My amazon card came in a gold colored padded envelope just like that. The wal Mart card came in a wal mart envelope.