YouData - started out great, now not so good

jellyfish

http://www.youdata.com/

This is awesome and I only wish I'd known about it sooner! You fill out some profile information (as much or as little as you are comfortable with - the more you fill out the more $ you make), and you view "ads" on your computer for money. At first I was iffy on this but it is truly legit. I've been a member here at Survey Police a while now and don't want to sound like a spammer LOL but I am very happy with them. There are no referrals so I am not benefitting from this in any way - just wanted to share this great find!

You can either go to their site and view the "ads" (which is really some info about a site, then you click the link and simply look at the page) or download the ad viewer to your desktop and view them from there. Personally I put it on my desktop for easier access.

There are more frequent times for getting ads than others, so the weekly income varies. My first week I made over $8 and so far this week have had no ads to view but they are currently doing some construction on their site and that might be why.

You have to have a PayPal acct. for them to pay you (which I got just for this purpose - it's free), and they pay every Friday. I received my first payment last Friday afternoon and have already been able to transfer it to my bank so I can verify they are legit and do pay.

When you sign up you have to provide a valid email address as well as a cell phone number. They double-verify I guess, and you have to provide both codes sent in order to become a member. I was hesitant about that part but their privacy policy seems good and I have received no phone calls/ads/nothing since giving it to them.

Not sure how long their site construction will be going on, but hopefully not much longer. If anyone tries this please post here with your experience.

Good luck! :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jellyfish

• SurveyBang

• JamesM

• tilly62

Tried it out, have $5.20 so far for about 10 minutes of input and clicking.

Will cash out a little on Friday, thanks for sharing!

I think this is a really cool marketing plan-I earn a little money and become interested in different products as well.

Rock on!

teachell

Tried it out, have $2.00 so far for about 10 minutes of input and clicking.

Will cash out a little on Friday, thanks for sharing!

teachell

YVW, glad it's working out for you guys.

I only wish they'd give me some ads this week! Still none so far, but last week was great so I'm not discouraged (yet!). :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

there is a charge for paypal deposits, 2% i believe. i earned a dollar and change last week which they auto deposit. they took their fee of .03 cents out of that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

My name is James and I am an engineer for YouData.com in Texas. Thanks for mentioning us. I wanted to let you know a little background about us. We truly believe (as I suppose you do) that your attention is valuable. If you provide advertisers with an accurate representation of yourself and they can reach your profile directly (without traditional media buys -- newspapers, banners, tv, radio, etc.) they save money, get higher quality attention, and you participate in the cash offer. We really believe that there is a new model for Internet-based advertising. You won't get rich doing this but hopefully gone will be the days of web surfers training themselves to ignore banner ads and advertisers playing chase to get obtrusive ads up in front of you. YouData is advertising on your terms with a cash transaction.

The advertisers create campaigns, set targets and make offers. They never ever know who you are (for that matter, we don't even ask for your real name, address, etc.) . We just have to confirm that you are in fact a real human and that you are unique within our system. We do that via the cell phone activation code. You will never get email solicitations or cell messages from YouData.

We are still in a launch phase here in the US with a focus on females/bloggers/mommy bloggers as well as a couple of local markets in Texas (Houston/Austin/Bryan-College Station). One of our key partners is Kirtsy (www.kirtsy.com) which bills itself as a "Digg for Chicks". They've been great for spreading the word.

We make our money by participating in the transaction. So if an advertiser offers $.05 for the banner impression and then $.25 for the click-through, YouData actually charges a little more than $.30 to the advertiser for that attention. The only fee that you pay will come on pay day Fridays when PayPal applies their service fee for us to deposit money into your account.

So hang in there with us while we grow our advertiser base and we hope that you see value in the products that are matched to your MeFile! Once we establish ourselves a bit more we will seek out an international community most likely starting with Canada and the UK.

Thanks again and let me know if you have any questions! You can see our support site at http://getsatisfaction.com/youdata

James

Wow, I never thought this thread would get the attention of YouData itself! :shock::oops:

Thank you James for posting and the great info. I am still very pleased with this even though the ads have been fewer recently - every little bit helps and they pay on Fridays in a very timely manner.

Wow, I'm surprised - and impressed- that they noticed your thread, too!

I was just going to update that I continue to get a handful of ads each week - nothing too much, but 2-10 ads or so. They've faithfully and promptly paid me, no matter how little the amount. The ads really are targeted to me, and I've bookmarked a bunch of the sites (which I'm sure they'd love to know!). It's so easy to use their "5-stack", and whenever I do have an ad waiting, I feel like I just won bingo or something lol.

Thanks again for sharing this innovative site - I hope it really takes off!

You're very welcome - I was so glad myself after my friend told me about it that I just had to share. I am happy everyone seems to be having positive experiences with them! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you !! Jellyfish, for posting such a great site been paid twice already.

I am just wondering how long will it take till we get paid a penny just for clicking on the ad. I take the time to look around on the sites and see what they have to offer never know what i might find clicking on ads and if i like the site I sign up for the news letter.

but thanks again :D

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to sign up on this site and was unable to because my cell phone company is not on the list for them to verify. I use a local cell phone company in my area instead of a big one like Verizon, etc. I emailed youdata and they never responded.