bank account to create Paypal

Anh-Hoang

If your a student you should go to a credit union that's somehow affiliated with your school.Go talk to someone in the office and ask them if you can sign up with their local credit union.Then go and get the info about opening a account.Banks charge to much in fees but credit unions usually have better rates.At least that's my experience or you can Google banks and rates and you can look up the info this way you to so you can comparison shop.

My credit union has free transfer on up to 3 transactions per month.Plus I have no fee maintenance fees on my savings account nor do I have to have a minimum balance to have this for free.Unlike banks who like you to have a required balance at all times.

Most banks have a fee-free student checking account. Make sure you have a student ID and research the banks in your area to see which bank offers you the best options. It's hard for any of us to give you specific advice as we don't know what is available in your area and what your actual financial needs are. I know you're just looking for something to set up paypal for now, but if you get a job you might have some perks available at one local bank that aren't available at another.

Thanks for suggestions. I'm about to go for Bank Of America which is recommended by my family ^^

Anyone else has the same?

My mom used to have an account with Bank Of America when she lived in South Carolina 4 years ago, but when she moved in with us there is none here. Their banks buildings are here but are empty. :|

Thanks for suggestions. I'm about to go for Bank Of America which is recommended by my family ^^

My mom used to have an account with Bank Of America when she lived in South Carolina 4 years ago, but when she moved in with us there is none here. Their banks buildings are here but are empty. :|

so it means that bank is good... and your mom is unlucky :)

No the bank went under and my mom was lucky to have changed banks before it happened. :|

That really isn't a nice thing to say. How is the fact that they closed in an area an indicator that the bank is good?

From what I have read about Bank of America of lately and their fees is that they nickel and dime their customers on most of their accounts.I personally am not a fan of banks in general.When you have a account at a credit union they have your interest at heart.Why because its like a community where you have part ownership.As for banks they have investors they are looking out for and not your interest.To learn more about this I've included a link that explains about the difference.Arming yourself with info and knowing what is in your best interest can sometimes be the best way to go.I know families have our best interest however sometimes old familiar ways become habit without going out and exploring new and better options.So basically what I'm saying is do your research compare interest rates and banking fees with the places you want to do business with.Have the institution make you money not have them make money off of you.I'll get off my high horse but the best advice I can give to you is to literally cover your assets with info.(pun included)

http://money.howstuffworks.com/personal ... union1.htm

Well idylatoo,

It wasn't nice to say my mom was unlucky!! How could someone that doesn't know her say such a thing!! I was stating a FACT that Bank of America are all gone in my part of the world, the building are there, but they are empty. We drove around 2 hours to different places (7 in all) that were Bank of America were and I finally stopped at were I bank and that was what I was told!! :o

The fact that they are ALL closed here gives me the impression that they weren't doing well here. I didn't say all of them, because like I stated, She did have an account with Bank of America in South Carolina, so there Bank of America may very well be thriving. :?

People thinks different way than I do, maybe cause of poor English which I just learned in 2 years. My apology 1957horses :(

Well, thanks for discussion. Now I will wait for the "credit union" in my county which was told by footfree :wink: As wikipedia said, it's way better than banks.

People thinks different way than I do, maybe cause of poor English which I just learned in 2 years. My apology 1957horses :(

Well, thanks for discussion. Now I will wait for the "credit union" in my county which was told by footfree :wink: As wikipedia said, it's way better than banks.

Well no problem Anh Hoang!! Sometimes I'm a bit of a hot head witch is a flaw I should work on. Hope were still friends. :D