Help Researching History of Home

1957horses

WOO HOO :D

Another one went through..........

"Some one die in your house.........." :cry:

Both my Nana she was 102 she lived with us 4 years and lived to see the year 2000. The GOD called her home :cry:

And then a few years later My husbands Dad moved in with us and was with us 3 years 89 years and GOD called him home. :cry:

Now my Mom lives with us , been here 4 1/2 years and will be 89 December 20. :) So God will call here home from here some day :cry:

My home was built in the year of our LORD 1850 so it is 162 years old and no telling if any others have passed away here. I would like to get the history of my home, but don't know were to look. Does anybody have any suggestions?? :roll:

WOO HOO :D

Another one went through..........

"Some one die in your house.........." :cry:

Both my Nana she was 102 she lived with us 4 years and lived to see the year 2000. The GOD called her home :cry:

And then a few years later My husbands Dad moved in with us and was with us 3 years 89 years and GOD called him home. :cry:

Now my Mom lives with us , been here 4 1/2 years and will be 89 December 20. :) So God will call here home from here some day :cry:

My home was built in the year of our LORD 1850 so it is 162 years old and no telling if any others have passed away here. I would like to get the history of my home, but don't know were to look. Does anybody have any suggestions?? :roll:

1957horses I would check with the library they may be able to lead you in the right direction or how to go about it.

I second the library suggestion. My local library has an entire section dedicated to local history. Even if yours doesn't, I'm sure they could point you in the right direction. The library is ALWAYS a good starting point for research. :)

Sorry to hear about the passing of your loved ones! My prayers and thought go out to you!

AAAWWW, Why thank you so much TSP1973. It has been years but they are always on my mind, and in my heart. It was in this very room the two of them passed on, now it is my room. You know something kinda funny (or not)?? My two dogs are always with me and sometimes they lift their heads and stair at something, their eyes and heads are following something that I can't see, sometimes they do this for 2-3 minutes at a time. :shock:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking that you need top go to the County Court House and look up old deeds to the house.It's like mortgages somebody has to have a a deed as proof of ownership.I also read where some library's give classes on how to find out the history once or twice a year.So here's the article I only read some of it apparently it's hard to find out.Here's the link if you wan to read it.Sounds like it could kinda be fun.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/realestat ... ory_2.html

I'm thinking that you need top go to the County Court House and look up old deeds to the house.It's like mortgages somebody has to have a a deed as proof of ownership.I also read where some library's give classes on how to find out the history once or twice a year.So here's the article I only read some of it apparently it's hard to find out.Here's the link if you wan to read it.Sounds like it could kinda be fun.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/realestat ... ory_2.html

Why thank you so very much footfree, I believe I will look at this site sometime a little later. How nice of you!! :D

• 1 month later...

Go to the recorders office in your court house. Will take time but it can be researched pretty easy. And free. Copies of what your find are about a dollar.