Opinion Outpost - Wrong Survey Reward

John123

I just wasted 45 minutes for nothing doing Opinion Outpost surveys. The first survey I did was suppose to be 18 minutes and 10 points(1 dollar),the survey ended up taking me almost 30 minutes and I was only awarded a prize draw entry(even though it said i was suppose to be paid 10 points).I figured it was a bug on one survey so it wasn't a big deal.I tried to do another survey that was 5 points,I completed the entire survey again and the same exact thing happened and I was only awarded a prize draw entry.2 surveys in a row did the same exact thing. Is anyone else having this problem?

Call them. They sometimes say the survey is still open, call back in a week and they will credit you. What I do now, because this has happened to me, is always write down the survey number and what it was about in your book. If you don't keep a book, keep one with each survey's name at the top of pages. Call them at 877-254-1234.

I just wasted 45 minutes for nothing doing opinion outpost surveys. The first survey I did was suppose to be 18 minutes and 10 points(1 dollar),the survey ended up taking me almost 30 minutes and I was only awarded a prize draw entry(even though it said i was suppose to be paid 10 points).I figured it was a bug on one survey so it wasn't a big deal.I tried to do another survey that was 5 points,I completed the entire survey again and the same exact thing happened and I was only awarded a prize draw entry.2 surveys in a row screwed me over in the same exact way.Is anyone else having this problem?

This is why I got rid of them last year, I saw them go from a great survey company to almost a scam company! Email them on ALL 3 surveys. On the one that took 45 minutes, instead of the advertised 10 minutes, I would ask for additional pay for that one. If they refuse to credit you on any of them, espcially paying more for the one the falsely advertised that was suppose to take only 10 minutes, I would email them back telling them your reporting them to the BBB and ripoffreport.com!

I'd also like to point out that the responsibility is on ALL of us when taking surveys to report anything we think is an error or a bug. I often see posts about things that are "weird" during surveys but hardly anyone actually contacts the companies about the issues. If everyone has the attitude of "Oh, they'll fix it later" or "Oh, someone else will report it and they'll figure it out" then nothing will be accomplished. The way companies find out about bugs is because people report them. If more people report an issue than it's more likely the issue will be resolved more efficiently as they will see how many customers it's affecting.

To nightmare: I see this is your first post here. idylatoo happens to be our Moderator, first of all. Even if he/she was not, we don't curse and insult people on this board. Please read the rules. Everyone is here to help and support each other.

idylatoo is totally correct. The only way to get things corrected is to report them, not just stand by and say that it's their responsibility. Errors happen, sometimes far too often but it's up to us to rectify them so that we get paid correctly.

i can pretty much tell you the response you'd get if you did contact them.. they would tell you to wait 4 or so weeks as surveys often don't go through right away..

Remember when JD Powers had that 405 error?? It was weeks before they got it fixed. I bet we sent 100's of emails. :?

And yea what cricket said!! :P

To nightmare: I see this is your first post here. idylatoo happens to be our Moderator, first of all. Even if he/she was not, we don't curse and insult people on this board. Please read the rules. Everyone is here to help and support each other.

idylatoo is totally correct. The only way to get things corrected is to report them, not just stand by and say that it's their responsibility. Errors happen, sometimes far too often but it's up to us to rectify them so that we get paid correctly.

I agree with cricket this is not the place to curse or insult people.We are all intittled to are own opinion but there is a better way of voicing it.I can say that most of the time I do let them know if there is a problem with the survey or points awarded but I will say that at least half the time probably more I am not satisfied with there response.

Don't see "Nightmare's" post, guess it got pulled?

Don't see "Nightmare's" post, guess it got pulled?

Yes. :)