Check for GTM

doobie

I got my check from GTM and tried to cash it today. I took it to Walmart, because I had some shopping to do but they wouldn't cash it. Then I went to my bank. The teller was very skeptical and told me that it was a scam. Obviously, from viewing this site, I know that it is legitimate. After some convincing, she deposited the money to my savings account, but she wouldn't give me cash. Just wondering if anyone else had a problem similar to this.

I got my check from GTM and tried to cash it today. I took it to Walmart, because I had some shopping to do but they wouldn't cash it. Then I went to my bank. The teller was very skeptical and told me that it was a scam. Obviously, from viewing this site, I know that it is legitimate. After some convincing, she deposited the money to my savings account, but she wouldn't give me cash. Just wondering if anyone else had a problem similar to this.

never had a problem with there checks or any other survey check

did they give reasons as to their 'reasoning'? i've never had trouble cashing their checks.. the only thing i find odd is that the back of the check is in reverse.. we're supposed to sign on the opposite side as the money total.. at least here that's how we do it.. so i just sign on the side i'm supposed to. But for them to flatout say it's a scam isn't very professional.. put it in your bank and they run the numbers.. if it's good the money goes in, if not then they'll tell you.. i don't get the problem. I can see walmart being hesitant but a bank... (walmart will face losing the money and attempts to collect.. but a bank will just be notified it's a bad check, they won't be out any money because they don't deposit it into your account until they have it 'in hand'.. and they'll slap you with a $35 or so dollar charge for the bad check..) but i'm interested to know the flags the bank person noticed that led her not to want to cash it. Some people just aren't trained properly.. i had a girl once take my liscense at the register to verify my signature on the receipt.. she told me my signature didn't look the same.. it's like, look at the picture!.. so i signed it slower to match the license 'version'... (nevermind my full name on my license matched the full name on the credit card!)..

What bank does GTM use?You could always go to their bank and cash it,well maybe.Once one of my customers wrote me a check from Chase so I went to the bank to cash it and since I didn't have a account with them they wanted to charge me a $5 dollar fee.I said screw that went to my credit union and they cashed it, free of charge. That's another reason why I don't like banks! So if they have their bank near you call before you go cash it.You never know if they'll charge you.My credit union did ask me once about the validity of the check I told them I had been doing business with them for years and they okay-ed it.But I've been a member there for over 10 years.How long have you banked at your bank?If it's been a long time talk to the manager they can put a note on your account to always have this check go thru.

Honestly, that sounds of more a teller issue than a bank issue. If the teller was skeptical, they should have asked their manager and not said "it's a scam" and then processed it anyway. If she was so sure it was a scam, she should have had the manager talk to you. If they were concerned, all they had to do was put a hold on the money so the money wouldn't be available until the check had processed.

I'd call up the bank and tell them what happened so it doesn't happen to someone else.

What bank does GTM use?

i have one of their checks in front of me.. it's BBVA Compass Bank, and their company is CHEXX (Americas) Inc.. the company name may be just a finance company they use to send out the checks.. i've never heard of the bank but i was under the impression GTM was based in Canada, but i noticed on their website they have an office in Seattle Washington usa..

*yeah chexx inc is a payout service for online businesses.. i noticed they also offer electronic payment and gift card options.. so i can't figure out why they choose the most expensive option and mail paper checks..

*yeah chexx inc is a payout service for online businesses.. i noticed they also offer electronic payment and gift card options.. so i can't figure out why they choose the most expensive option and mail paper checks..

I think some companies wisely use checks so there is a paper trail. A cashed check is the best kind of proof they have if someone tries to say "I never got my check." They automatically have an impartial witness.

Avemaria, she gave no reason at all. She just looked at it, asked me where I got it and then told me it was a scam. When she said it, she gave me a pitying look like "Oh you poor, delusioned little thing."

I have had this savings account with this bank since I was a small child, when my parents opened it for me. There is literally no where around here that will cash this check. They take one look at it and act like I'm crazy. I did a search for the bank that issued the check and there isn't one even remotely close to here. I didn't know the teller because I went to the branch closer to Walmart rather than the one closer to home that I usually go to. I know the teller at my usual bank, so I suppose next time I will go to her and ask her opinion.

Avemaria, she gave no reason at all. She just looked at it, asked me where I got it and then told me it was a scam. When she said it, she gave me a pitying look like "Oh you poor, delusioned little thing."

I have had this savings account with this bank since I was a small child, when my parents opened it for me. There is literally no where around here that will cash this check. They take one look at it and act like I'm crazy. I did a search for the bank that issued the check and there isn't one even remotely close to here. I didn't know the teller because I went to the branch closer to Walmart rather than the one closer to home that I usually go to. I know the teller at my usual bank, so I suppose next time I will go to her and ask her opinion.

it's ridiculous but you could always mention that others have cashed the checks without trouble.. you can even have them hold $50 as collateral until the check comes in ok, at which time they can add a note to your account about the check being ok.. (so future idiots won't give you a hard time.)

or print out the chexx inc info

http://chexxinc.com/check-issuing/

[email protected]

maybe ask them if there is a contact number you can give to bank people unwilling to cash the check.. (though it takes all of a few minutes for a bank to verify a check now.. the delay isn't for the verification, it's for the money to transfer).. so there shouldn't be a problem.

yeah they do have this in their FAQ section

I can't cash my check

If you are unable to cash your check, please contact us and explain the reasons why you were unable to cash your incentive check. If your name or the address was misspelled on the check, please include your correct name and/or address.