OO 60 min 50 points

fiestyvermin

This was a alcohol survey that was supposed to pay 5 dollars for 60 minutes. I hate working that cheap but since today is a blow off day I figured why not. At the end of the survey they say they want me to do another 15 minutes for 5.00. Right when I hit the next screen I am told Page can not be displayed and had to go and reset the modem. Upon logging back into the survey it lets me continue. I put in my email, verify that, and click the submit button to be taken back to OO. The very next screen this is what OO says:

Unable to record participation…

survey number: ORD-59931-RWYV

This could happen because you were either flagged for data concerns or someone else already participated in this survey using this computer.

Another screw by the great OO company. I have emailed and prepared to file a BBB complaint but I doubt that accomplishes anything. The funny thing is if there was actually DATA concerns why was I asked to put in my email about another 5 dollars?

Write them and mention you are a member of this site and have already posted about it and will record what happens.

this site is important to OO because people that pay them for services check here and so do potential survey takers. It's a better option than BBB. You have to realize most that this happens to don't say a word or keep it in house. It is not good business for them to have negative things out about their company that is permanently on the internet.

I took this approach back in july and they took care of the problem right away.

If they do rectify the problem though, make sure you post about it.

Write them and mention you are a member of this site and have already posted about it and will record what happens.

this site is important to OO because people that pay them for services check here and so do potential survey takers. It's a better option than BBB. You have to realize most that this happens to don't say a word or keep it in house. It is not good business for them to have negative things out about their company that is permanently on the internet.

I took this approach back in july and they took care of the problem right away.

If they do rectify the problem though, make sure you post about it.

Honestly, before doing that I'd just tell them that you weren't credited and believe that you should be and why. Throwing membership of this site in their face first thing with the threat of negative reviews isn't exactly starting off on the best foot. Obviously if it escalates, one needs to do and say what they need to, but I think at first it's best to just be succinct and polite.

Honestly, before doing that I'd just tell them that you weren't credited and believe that you should be and why. Throwing membership of this site in their face first thing with the threat of negative reviews isn't exactly starting off on the best foot. Obviously if it escalates, one needs to do and say what they need to, but I think at first it's best to just be succinct and polite.

Exactly. You don’t go all DEFCON 1 at the first sign of trouble.

Well the user was already preparing to go the BBB route so i was just getting her ready. :D

Anyway if you have dealt with SSI in the past and read about some things here, then you would know that being polite isn't exactly a route that works that well most of the time when there are problems.

But good luck to her, i hope they resolve it on his/her first try.

Anyway if you have dealt with SSI in the past and read about some things here, then you would know that being polite isn't exactly a route that works that well most of the time when there are problems.

Regardless of the expected outcome of events, there is a right way and a wrong way to go about things. Even if one expects to end up at the BBB filing a complaint or using the fact that the complaint has been posted on the site the best way to START to fix things is to just simply say "Hey, this happened to me and can you fix it?" rather than starting out in a threatening or off-putting manner. Not only can you catch more flies with honey, it also looks much better if/when you DO have to file a complaint that you've been polite and succinct. It doesn't give the company a legitimate reason to go "I refuse to work with someone who is difficult/threatening."

At the end of the survey they say they want me to do another 15 minutes for 5.00. Right when I hit the next screen I am told Page can not be displayed and had to go and reset the modem. Upon logging back into the survey it lets me continue. I put in my email, verify that, and click the submit button to be taken back to OO.

I would just let them know that your internet went out and when you tried to resolve the error on your own it did not work. I hope they will handle this a bit differently than the average complaints I see on here as it sounds more like a technical issue because of your modem issues.

the company has always been helpful to me so i wouldn't go the threats route with them.. they once spent a week or more going back and forth with an email looking for a survey.. they couldn't find it so they just gave me the points anyhow.. they always reply back to emails.. you may start off with general responses but if you email them with a more direct question you'll get a better answer.. but like anyone, if the person is yelling at you, you're not going to want to go out of the way for them.

Regardless of the expected outcome of events, there is a right way and a wrong way to go about things. Even if one expects to end up at the BBB filing a complaint or using the fact that the complaint has been posted on the site the best way to START to fix things is to just simply say "Hey, this happened to me and can you fix it?" rather than starting out in a threatening or off-putting manner. Not only can you catch more flies with honey, it also looks much better if/when you DO have to file a complaint that you've been polite and succinct. It doesn't give the company a legitimate reason to go "I refuse to work with someone who is difficult/threatening."

I would maybe agree with you if the exact strategy didn't work for me so well.

• 1 month later...

I have a problem with 20/20 research they said that I did qualified to survey then they called me and asked me the same, and said that I don't qualify, it is too much hassle and I fell that I been insulted.