if i don't enter anything in the box, it means 0

avemaria

man i get so upset with those.blank means zero,nada. DUH!! ive always wondered why we still have to fill those blanks in. :o i have come across a few where i dont, but not many.

You have to put in 0 for most boxes so they know you mean 0 and didn't miss the question. :) They can't tell the difference between people who mean nothing or 0 and those who skipped a question.

it's usually on the 'what ages are your family members'.. there's like 10 boxes of ages.. i only need a couple of them and i leave the rest blank.. then i get the reprimand screen bolding the ones i didn't click.... :roll:

The way I go about if there are a bunch of 0 needing to be put in is:: right hand on mouse (I have a laptop but I bought a cordless mouse o it's so much better) left index finger in 0 and go through the list click mouse click 0 click mouse click 0 (I look glance ahead before doing this if there is an answer that isn't 0) :lol:

with me, first i give the necessary sigh of frustration... THEN i take my hand off the mouse.. o the horror! Then i proceed to hit the tab button with my left hand and the numbers with my right.. tab shifts from box to box..

with me, first i give the necessary sigh of frustration... THEN i take my hand off the mouse.. o the horror! Then i proceed to hit the tab button with my left hand and the numbers with my right.. tab shifts from box to box..

O Hay I never thought of that!! Thanks avemaria!! :D see we learn new things every day here. woo hoo. :D

• 2 weeks later...

It's a nuisance-but I push through it to proceed to the next page. My big gripe is when there are pages and pages of radial dial answers, no pics, and everything starts blending together-then you get to the bottom and they say "somethings wrong" or "please check your answers" or something to that affect-but don't tell you what you did wrong. :evil:

With input boxes like that, unless you put something in it they can't tell if you mean 0 or didn't fill it out. It's annoying, but it's just the way input boxes work. With drop downs, they can set it to 0 automatically so it's not an issue.

I've stopped doing most surveys if they have lots of fill ins and other tedious stuff. Once I start getting annoyed, it's just not worth it.