Please confirm: Is this fair?

nj07208

mysurvey Personal Care Diary for my 13 yr old:

The "Diary" should be completed for SEVEN consecutive days.

The second part is a questionnaire about you and the types of personal care items you use and buy. It should take about 20-25 minutes in total to complete.

600 points

Is this fair compensation? I'm not good with point values. Thanks, guys!

No. It's easy to look at what their rewards are and do a little math to see what the compensation is. I just did a personal care survey through Toluna and got about $10 for it a few months back. 400 points is $4, but depending on what you choose to cashout with, it could be less than that.

IMHO, if it's a lot of stuff to fill out everyday, it's not worth it. If it's a few simple questions than it might be worth it. Some of those diaries are really complex and annoying, others are really simple and a breeze to complete.

On mysurvey, 1100 points = $10. So 600 points is a bit more than $5. I think what we accept on surveys is a very individual decision. What's fair to some isn't to others. I personally won't spend 45 minutes on Toluna for 30 cents but I do most others that are reasonable for 50 cents. My goal every day is to just make as much as I can and some days I am more ambitious than others. I have had the long diaries and some were not worth the time so now I stay away from them.

I look at it this way -how long will it take to do the whole study?If it takes more then 1 to 2 hours and the pay is $5 then no it's not worth it.If it were my child I wouldn't let them -why?I expect my child to work for a decent wage and have enough respect for themselves to ask for it.But like previously answered to each their own.This is just why I wouldn't let my 12 year old daughter do it.There really should be laws protecting children from making so little money.We don't live in a 3rd world country and we should be expected to be paid more then that.Okay I'll get off my soap box.This is one area with survey companies taking advantage of them that totally ------- me off.

No and the problem is people will continue to take it and rewards will continue to drop.

This is general advice for many of you noobs out there. Don't take any long surveys for minimal points or rewards. The more you do this, the more likely a company will continue to put of sh*t rewards. I mean why raise the incentive if a bunch of people are doing 30 minute survey for 50 cents.

This diary was discussed in some other string, but I can't remember where. This same diary was 1,000 points when 1,000 was $10, and I have to tell you, it's a flipping pain in the backside. It takes a minimum of 15 minutes a day, plus the pages of other stuff you have to answer. No way I would do it for 600 points ($5.45).

I can see that people would not want to do the diary survey but I think that is the most amount for a survey that my survey will give you they have really gone downhill in the last year so if you ever want to be able to cash out you need to take what they give you or unsubscribe because I don't think they will ever up there points.I am beginning to think that is the way of almost all surveys now or what really gets me upset is when you have spent 15minutes on the survey and then you DQ.You can't tell me those answers go in the garbage. just ranting