How do you use a virtual credit card?

Leefall

:?: I am contemplating getting a virtual credit card as a reward rather than Amazon. I used it once before in my paypal acct and was disappointed as I had to use my paypal balance first before the card could be used. I emailed a few websites regarding payment asking if I could use my virtual card and then complete the purchase with a second credit card. I was informed that they will only accept one form of payment. :?: Question... if the virtual card is for $20 and the item you want is $25 how do you use your virtual card?

if the site is worth anything, it should take the virtual card off and then ask you to pay the remaining balance with your choice of payment.. it's basically just like a gift card, only instead of going to one store, it goes to anywhere the credit logo is accepted. If you have paypal you can add the card as a form of payment.. and they always ask what your second form of payment is in case the first doesn't cover it.. in which case you would specify your other card, or bank account to pay the rest.

I like using virtual credit cards to buy gift cards for local stores. I'm not sure what grocery stores etc are near you but I've used my online cards to buy meijer and whole foods gift cards. I only pick stores that don't charge for shipping! I agree that most sites should allow you to choose a second form of payment.

Just a word of advice. Be sure and read the fine print before you decide to get it. There may be fees just for using or getting the card and then there may be other charges as well that will eat up your balance. I've never used one personally but I do know many of these type cards have lots of hidden fees.