Cashing Company Checks

Popeye

Hey guys,

Have any of you run across ads were you receive a company's check then you are to mail/Fed Ex their check to them and you take a cut of 20%? I have been indendated with these from my wanted job posting this seems like a SCAM to me.

of course it's a scam.. i just posted on this about Pinecone

http://www.pineconeresearch.com/Important%20Security%20Notice.htm

Important Security Notice:

We have been made aware that third parties may be attempting to use the names and logos of Pinecone Research for different "scams." One example of such a scam is a "mystery shopping" assignment. Essentially, the victim is provided a fake check and advised to cash it, and then use some of the proceeds to test a service (for example, testing a Western Union wire transfer). The victim is advised that he or she may retain the balance from the cashed check as payment, however, the check later bounces. Other examples include recruiting for "business evaluation surveys" or "hiring" employees.

Please be aware that Pinecone Research has no involvement in these fraudulent transactions. Participating in our surveys is always free of charge, and we never ask our panelists to cash a check for a large amount and then use the proceeds to “test” a service. Furthermore, all communications with us will always be with the email address "[email protected]” -- be wary of any email that asks you to respond to a different address, or asks you to respond by clicking on a link within the email. (Please be aware that email sending addresses can be faked, and so it's possible for a fake email to appear to have come from this address.)

If you are targeted by any of these scams, please report any information regarding these activities to local law enforcement agencies, as well as the

Federal Trade Commission (FTC) "econsumer.gov" reporting system (https://econsumer.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/) in the United States

or the Canadian Anti-fraud Centre (http://www.phonebusters.com/) in Canada.

Popeye, I am so glad you asked here first. I get AARP magazine, it's for people 50 and over and they mention this, thank goodness because older people may be vulnerable to these scams too. I received a check for $4,5000 a few months ago and was told to take a survey they sent me in the regular mail after evaluating Western Union....where I was to go and wire them $4,000! The check looked real. People deposit them and are out the money after they withdraw from their good funds. I hope they find these jerks and put them away forever.

Oh...I should have added of course, I didn't do this, but I have seen blogs about this where people did. There are very trusting people in this world and I felt sorry for them. There needs to be more education and awareness about these awful scams.