Is giving out information on Survey Sites Safe?

aaa212

I've been using Opinion Outpost for about a year now and have earned about $150.

Now, my question is, is it a bad thing to be giving out information to these companies? Like, will it ever up on the internet such as things about your age, the city you live in, etc.?

most sites have it in their privacy policy how they use information

for instance, here is theirs

http://www.opinionoutpost.com/General/Privacy-Policy

SSI may disclose Demographic Information to third parties in either single or aggregate summary form. Singular summary includes providing Demographic Information about a person to a third party without specifically identifying the person to the third party. For example, this summary does not contain personal information such as a name or e-mail address, nor does the combination of Demographic Information make it possible to identify the person. Aggregate summary includes providing Demographic Information about a group of persons without specifically identifying any person within the group.

I've been using Opinion Outpost for about a year now and have earned about $150.

Now, my question is, is it a bad thing to be giving out information to these companies? Like, will it ever up on the internet such as things about your age, the city you live in, etc.?

Have never given it much thought but like avemaria said most companies have a privacy policy. It's always a good idea to read it I guess and see how they handle the information they collect.