Fast Food/Processed Food

TSP1973

Believe it or not I just got hired on at Arby's, my training is tomorrow, so will see if they actually use Freshly sliced like they claim! 8)

I used to know someone who worked at Arby's and said it was one of the better fast food places he'd worked at. They do use freshly sliced meat, but I'm pretty sure it's still the same sort of meat that they use at Subway/Deli counters. Only difference is that it's sliced relatively freshly. Their roast beef classic has 950mgs of sodium. :shock: That's about half the daily recommended sodium intake for an adult.

Believe it or not I just got hired on at Arby's, my training is tomorrow, so will see if they actually use Freshly sliced like they claim! 8)

I used to know someone who worked at Arby's and said it was one of the better fast food places he'd worked at. They do use freshly sliced meat, but I'm pretty sure it's still the same sort of meat that they use at Subway/Deli counters. Only difference is that it's sliced relatively freshly. Their roast beef classic has 950mgs of sodium. :shock: That's about half the daily recommended sodium intake for an adult.

That's why I eat Boars Head and or Sara Lee low sodium lunch meats both taste good without all the salt

Congrats on the job TSP1973-will you still do some surveys?

Good luck on your new job!

Thank you! 8)

With so many people now having high blood pressure these days here in the US(it's becoming an epidemic), it's no wonder why when you start reading what we're eating and have been eating. I've been making a conscious effort to read labels and cut out a lot of this. Fast food is bad but canned and processed food is almost as bad in many cases. I had a few cans of chili that I've always liked and looked at the label recently and there is 1080 mg of sodium in just a 1/2 cup of it. Did you know a Big Mac has 1,000 mg of sodium? DId you know your typical fast food steak/sausage biscuit has over 1,000 mg?

It's really opened my eyes and I really am trying to change my eating habits.

That's why I eat Boars Head and or Sara Lee low sodium lunch meats both taste good without all the salt

Thanks for the heads up footfree. I will be looking for these the next time I get some sliced sandwich meat at the deli. I love thin sliced roast beef and wonder what the sodium content is. Will have to do some research.

Congrats on the job TSP1973-will you still do some surveys?

No I will not be leaving the survey world, still extra money in my pocket!

I wish you all the luck.I know how it is. just lost a job a month ago.Hoping to get a new one this week.I clean homes and it seems everyone either gets sick ,moves away or dies and then that's the end of that.Maybe we all just need to win the lottery!