Members

peach6

I find it is so odd that there are so many members that belong to survey police and only a hanfull ever post anything.You can always read peoples posts without being a member thats what I used to do but I decided to join because I wanted to make comments and so forth.Yesterday just being curious I was clicking on members names and a lot of them have not even visited this site in a long time.I was just wondering why tey don't unsubscribe although I don't see a button to do that..............................Happy Thanksgiving :D

The same is true for a lot of forums - people join but are unsure how to contribute so they just "lurk" without posting. They might private message regular posters instead of posting out in the open. In truth, there's only so much that can be said and they might join with the intention of posting but just don't see any reason to post, for example, that they dislike OO after several people have stated the same.

Some join just to post links/otherwise self-promote.

And still others used to post but no longer do so.

From personal experience, I find that locked forums - those that you cannot view threads without joining - tend to have a more active member base, but I'm not sure why that is.

The same is true for a lot of forums - people join but are unsure how to contribute so they just "lurk" without posting. They might private message regular posters instead of posting out in the open. In truth, there's only so much that can be said and they might join with the intention of posting but just don't see any reason to post, for example, that they dislike OO after several people have stated the same.

Some join just to post links/otherwise self-promote.

And still others used to post but no longer do so.

From personal experience, I find that locked forums - those that you cannot view threads without joining - tend to have a more active member base, but I'm not sure why that is.

Thanks for the input.I was going to put this in the Survey Lounge but I think people forget it's even there.

Thanks for the input.I was going to put this in the Survey Lounge but I think people forget it's even there.

I don't think people forget it's here, it's just that most of the discussion on this forum is about surveys and gpt sites and this section is for anything else...and it's rare that people discuss anything besides how to make money on this forum. :)

I find it is so odd that there are so many members that belong to survey police and only a hanfull ever post anything.You can always read peoples posts without being a member thats what I used to do but I decided to join because I wanted to make comments and so forth.Yesterday just being curious I was clicking on members names and a lot of them have not even visited this site in a long time.I was just wondering why tey don't unsubscribe although I don't see a button to do that..............................Happy Thanksgiving :D

I've been doing forums since around 2000 and I can say that pretty much all forums are this way. Members either sign up and forget about it or they say what they initially came to say and rarely ever come back while some people never register at all and always view the forums as a guest.

Some forums will cull off inactive members about once a year and then some never do. On most of the forums I frequent you always have a handful of members that are regulars and have been there for years and then you have many who come and go.

I don't think people forget it's here, it's just that most of the discussion on this forum is about surveys and gpt sites and this section is for anything else...and it's rare that people discuss anything besides how to make money on this forum. :)

I think you're right idylatoo. Still it's nice to have other conversations from time to time during slow times and downtime.

I think you're right idylatoo. Still it's nice to have other conversations from time to time during slow times and downtime.

I agree. :) I try to contribute as much to threads when I see them pop up here, but truthfully I don't think this forum is anyone's first or second choice when a random question pops into their mind like "Is Skyfall worth seeing?", you know? :D

• 6 months later...

Maybe it is that the members (that don't talk in the forums) like to rate the survey panels. I was that way at first..