RANT SPAM EMAILS

1957horses

I don't know about anyone else, but today I had over 15 emails claiming that I have monies in western union. I know they are fake, but I never had so many in the last 5 years all in one day. I block them when I get them, but it seems I get more. I have to wonder if some of these survey sites are selling our email address. Heck, I'd be a billionaire today if they were legit. I had 15 emails just today, telling me my 1st check is "just waiting for you to send an email off to them to get the last 4 "secret" digits to go with the first 8 digits" WOO HOO I'm rich. ..............yea right........ :lol:

Then I have online stores, dozens of them wanting me "to buy and open an account. 60 between yesterday and today. I never even heard of most of them let alone how to pronounce the names of them. And goodness the price of some of the products, The guys and lady from "SHARK Tank" couldn't afford them. I didn't click on any of them, just looking at what they show me as an add. I have been blocking them also............. :x

which domain are you using for email? i use gmail and all spam goes to a folder i never look at.. emails like that rarely if ever come to my inbox.

Outlook express, the only one I've ever used. Came with the windows xp. I don't know how to set up folders. Wish I did because there are some emails I like to keep, like when my daughters email me. I keep all of them, but they are mixed in with others I have kept. I forward myself the emails I want to keep, then every couple of days I go through the list and delete the ones I don't want, like when I email someone. I probably have 1-200.............. :?..... I get emails and some say spam, but some of those are from survey sites. Then friend sometimes emails me and a day later thay told me that they kept bouncing back to them............. :roll:

which domain are you using for email? i use gmail and all spam goes to a folder i never look at.. emails like that rarely if ever come to my inbox.

Outlook express, the only one I've ever used. Came with the windows xp. I don't know how to set up folders. Wish I did because there are some emails I like to keep, like when my daughters email me. I keep all of them, but they are mixed in with others I have kept. I forward myself the emails I want to keep, then every couple of days I go through the list and delete the ones I don't want, like when I email someone. I probably have 1-200.............. :?..... I get emails and some say spam, but some of those are from survey sites. Then friend sometimes emails me and a day later thay told me that they kept bouncing back to them............. :roll:

Hey 1957horses. I've used outlook express for many years now. I love it.

Here is how you set up new folders. Look on your left in the folders section where it shows your inbox, outbox, deleted items, sent item, drafts.... and right click on your "inbox" folder and click on "new folder". Name it whatever you want. I have one called Saved mail that has stuff from as far back as 2003. It's a huge file. lol

I hope this helps. I just noticed your post and thought I'd let you know it's really easy to do.

Also about the spam emails? I switched all my email accounts over to google years ago and have never had a problem with spam again. Like avemaria said, you never see them as it sends most all spam into a special spam folder on the server and you aren't bothered with it.

the only bad thing about gmail is they're against 'folders'.. they instead have color labels.. so all your mail goes into the 'all mail' folder and you can bring things up by label.. kind of like folders though.. they remind me of apple not wanting to give credit to microsoft for anything so they invent 'their own way' of doing it and call it original, refusing to give view to the more logical way of doing it that someone else came up with...

deanseven.Thanks for the information on setting up a folder.I usually wait until my daughter comes over and she does it for me but I was able to do it with your easy directions.

the only bad thing about gmail is they're against 'folders'.. they instead have color labels.. so all your mail goes into the 'all mail' folder and you can bring things up by label.. kind of like folders though.. they remind me of apple not wanting to give credit to microsoft for anything so they invent 'their own way' of doing it and call it original, refusing to give view to the more logical way of doing it that someone else came up with...

Labels work exactly like folders - you just have to create filters to direct emails into the label/folders. You just select an email and then click "more" and you'll see "Filter messages like these" and that's what you want. It's pretty straightforward from there. If you want it to skip your inbox, obviously you select that option. You can also "nest" labels under each other which I really like as I have a ton of folders - and I can easily have one for every survey company without getting overwhelmed. After the initial setup, it's easy to keep up with as you just add a new filter as you sign up for stuff you want to keep/find easily.