Clinical Trials & Specialty Panels

greeneyeddevils

Do you have any teaching/research hospitals or clinics near you? That's the easiest way to find clinical trials. You can probably call them up and ask if they have any to offer right now/where to find that information. I know most of the clinical trials in my area are linked to the local medical school. :) (yes, there are exceptions, but this is *generally* the easiest way to do it)

Do you have any teaching/research hospitals or clinics near you? That's the easiest way to find clinical trials. You can probably call them up and ask if they have any to offer right now/where to find that information. I know most of the clinical trials in my area are linked to the local medical school. :) (yes, there are exceptions, but this is *generally* the easiest way to do it)

Thanks....will look into it

There are a few that I have dealt with having but was denied and said I didn't qualify. Sure beats me what their looking for............ :roll:

Clinical trials can be difficult to qualify for if you have multiple chronic ailments. They have to be able to show that the treatment is most likely working (or the side effects thereof) are due strictly to the treatment and not due to another ailment. I have difficulty getting into clinical trials because of that - one of my chronic ailments tends to be a side effect of treatment for another chronic ailment I have which would screw up most studies.

It's frustrating, but on the other hand, a lot of clinical trials expect you to discontinue your current medications and use only theirs (which may or may not be the actual medicine depending on the trial) and if your current regimen works, you might not want to mess around with it.

As idylatoo explained, clinical research studies are difficult to qualify for. The participant not only must be affected from a specific health ailment, but they also often must reside in a specific location (city, state, etc.), be of a particular sex, be of a particular age, etc. Due to these qualifiers as well as the nature of the studies themselves, they do however tend to provide much higher compensation than other types of market research.

Greeneyeddevils, if we come across any clinical studies for Canada and other regions outside of the US, we will be sure to post them.