Survey decline

lobo49

Is it just me or has anyone else seen a decline in surveys? I am hoping that the decline is due to the holiday season and not because of the bad economy. :cry:

I've felt the decline also. There are a lot of surveys out there but it's from the sites that only give you a sweepstakes entry. Myview and SurveySpot haven't had any paying ones that I've qualified for. I've yet to get to the minimum payout for Myview. I'm ready to give them the boot.

Since the holidays have ended I've found a steady incline of the number of surveys I've been invited to.

Really it is only to be expected that survey companies are also going to be making cutbacks, they too are a business after all.

I have noticed less invitations in my inbox, and lots of the survey sites have still got their "seasons greetings" banners up like lightspeed for example. I feel that one of two things is happening here.....either they are trying to extend the holiday period for people to make them feel upbeat and optimistic and happy or they are just a little slow in the "getting back into the swing of things" after the holidays. I am inclined to think the latter.

I really feel that come the end of January we will notice a massive upsurge in our survey invitations, as I have noticed the incredible trend there is in asking lots of financial/economic climate questions/surveys. I was discussing this with someone the other day and they felt that the one business in which there will be a massive increase will be the survey business simply due to the fact that many more businesses will be attempting to fine-tune their income/outgoings in order to appeal to a greater number of people and therefore sell to more people, so they will be looking for very valuable information on how to target certain sub-sections of the population and what better way to obtain this information than by a carefully commissioned and carefully targetted survey to get it? How does anyone else feel about this?

LizzieAnn

I think your right there. Companies more then ever will want our business and will not want to make any mistakes as it will cost money.

I do think that the survey companies themselves will make cut backs on staff, rather like everywhere though, but once things are more steady surveys will move higher up the priority list.

I think that you have some excellent ideas, LizzieAnn - I bet you're right about the lull in surveys. The survey companies are probably waiting for their clients to see their 4th quarter fiscal reports and decide what to do next. In fact, I had a weird, follow-up survey today - it was better points than some full surveys, but it was just a few more questions to a survey I'd already taken, as if they were, as you said, fine-tuning things.

I'm glad to hear that it's not just me seeing a slow-down, though. Not that I wish less income on anyone, but I had a birthday over the holidays and wondered if I'm getting too old for the "good" surveys lol. Whew!

Do you also notice that you get a lot more invites before the holidays - maybe starting in the fall? Doesn't have something to do with the companies budgets (you know like you need to use your budget before the end of the year or you lose it type of thing)? I was watching The Office repeats and this made me think of it... :D

Thanks for your kind comments, guys, I live in the UK. I really enjoy being asked my opinion, and yes, I am starting to feel old too....I have a 45th birthday coming up in March...don't worry I will tell you all the date in plenty of time to give me a pressie!! LOL. I am a terrible hinter.....

I have noticed that the survey companies seem to be getting much more selective and there are quite a few survey companies asking questions about themselves...i.e. can you tell us what you would like to answer questions about, as a panel member? Can you tell us if you think the points system is fair.....etc., etc....has anyone else noticed this?

I am keeping records, and so far this year I have made £57....not bad for 14th January....lets hope 2009 is more lucrative than 2008....it is certainly going to be the case that, what with the credit crunch, I will need the money more!!

LizzieAnn :D

I've noticed a decline of paid surveys in my inbox as well. However, I've noticed an increase in all the unpaid surveys that companies want you to take; like the ones that pop up when you go to a certain website. Rarely ever will I take one of the unpaid surveys because I feel that as long as there are people who are willing to take surveys and not get paid for doing so, the companies have no reason whatsoever to want to pay folks like us who for the most part, expect payment & won't work for free. This is common sense. I believe that an increase of unpaid surveys that are being completed has played a part in the decline of the paid surveys we are invited to. I don't think this is the sole reason, but I feel it certainly contributes.

Out of curiosity & boredom one day, I took one of the unpaid surveys that popped up on my screen; just wondering which companies were putting these out. The one I completed that day was- Chapstick. Come on Chapstick :!: , I know you're a strong & stable company, it wouldn't dent your purse at all to offer your consumers an incentive for their valuable input that you desperately need. I used a key word here, 'valuable'. Our time & input is extremely valuable to all businesses, so why should we give it away for free :?::wink: ? I do believe things will get better shortly down the road in regards to the quanity & quality of the surveys we will receive, as well as the incentives offered :D .