SurveySpot -50 points in 6 months...

meow007

I hate SurveySpot, but today...I got my first measly 50 points.

I go through periods where I don't qualify for the ones the send me via e-mail - I have NEVER qualified- and say screw it. Other days I have gone to the site and taken at LEAST 12 surveys and been unable to qualify for any.

Well, I have 50 points now and i think that makes me unhappy because I feel like I want to cash them out...but that would take YEARS... :cry:

I dumped SurveySpot over a year ago. Quals and rewards plummeted a couple years ago so said good by. Too bad because over the years they were one of my top sites. A few others with the same history were LightSpeed, Your2cents, and Keynote.

Survey Spot cheated me out of points by closing their web site store for months and requiring you to be PayPal verified (meaning Paypal can empty your bank account) in order to get PayPal. They said they couldn't give an estimate when their "temporaily closed" web store would be open. By the time they opened it, they cancelled my account for inactivity. Did they think I was going to keep taking surveys when I couldn't get paid? I filed a complaint with the BBB but they wouldn't resolve it.

Opinion Outpost used to be one of my best until Survey Spot bought them and they started ripping me off of points on surveys and always having Mazon payments down. I filed a complaint with the BBB and got paid but OO cancelled my accounty which was perfectly fine since I was going to do that as soon as they paid me.

I used to like SurveySpot and a few years ago was cashing out at least 10 times a year. Now it seems I have been doing surveys for over a year and I haven't earned ANY points. What I really hate is I get surveys that promise 75 to 100 points, then halfway through the survey, it states "this survey is closed" or "1 sweepstakes entry". I get the impression they want to take up my time, get answers to surveys, and not pay me. I am not sure if I will cancel my account or not. I used to get invoke solutions surveys for online focus groups & I am curious if I will ever get another invite for that. Idk, pretty fed up altogether.

• 1 month later...

Survey Spot sends me dozens of invites a week, and I think all but two of them in the last week were pointless (in both senses of the word) "prize drawings" and the two were quickly DQ'ed for no logical reason.

I've been stuck at 500 points there for weeks. I just want to get to 1000 pts so I can cash out and drop them for good.

Opinion Outpost on the other hand, has been kinda slow this week, but I can usually get 100 points in short order from them and get 10 bucks out of it. Same company, pretty much the same layout of their website, but a major difference in how they do things.

One Opinion is the one I just can't seem to get any from these guys. I have like $11 worth and I need $25 to cash out. I think I will clean house of a few if I don't have a cashout by summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Survey Spot is definitely playing some sleazy games right now.

Their email invites don't even mention point incentives anymore. So for a while, if you clicked on the link you would get the page that says "We're cheapskates and don't want to give you any points today, but how about a nice entry to our big prize drawing that nobody wins?"

Now you don't even get that. You go directly to the survey and have to take your chances on completing it before they tell you that you just wasted your time for nothing.

As for their "sister site" Opinion Outpost, they are running a whole different con entirely.... haven't seen a survey from them in over two weeks that was more than 8, 10, or 12 points.

• 3 months later...
Anyone having frozen accounts with Survey Spot lately?

Yep they unfroze it after 3 long years, enough for me to get my $36.00 from 2010 after cashing out it was froze again, the next day. Don't want to ask them to unfreeze it because it might make them freeze my OO account........... :roll:

• 1 year later...

I couldn't find any other threads on surveyspot (deemed "too common" a term by the search feature), so I'm posting this here.

Yeah it was dumb to sign up for them when there's so many negative reviews around, but by the time I started looking into it, I had already racked up some points.

So I kept it up and finally got my 1000 points.

Now I try to claim my PayPal reward and immediately get this message:

"We cannot process your claim at this time. We ask for your patience as we investigate the reason behind this. This will most likely take us one week. During this time you can continue to take surveys and collect rewards."

Shame on me for having some faith. *sigh*

EDIT:

Well I tried it on a different computer and got the payment immediately. Strange.