surveyspot lead me to nielsen ratings and wants me to......

mariners

Was it Nielsen Net Ratings that has a 61.7% satisfaction rate here? I just saw the $5 invite on Surveyspot. I tried it and quit.

I signed up with them and they request you download software that allows them to track your web habits. They say the software doesn't slow down your computer, but I detected a change in the performance of my 4 year old desktop.

I didn't think the prizes and incentives were worth it either.

OHHHH, I always pass on those. I've heard too many horror stories about people's computers getting screwed up. They have access to everything in your computer and track everything. Sounds kind of like spywear if you ask me. Not worth the headache. Do let us know how it works out, though.

I was offered the same thing, and there is no way I'm going to do it. Allowing them to spy on my online activities and that of my family is just not worth whatever incentives they offer. No way.

• 5 months later...

i installed it a few months back and it was interfering with my hotmail account so i uninstalled it. they even offered to give me $10 to re-install it...losers

Pass it up, definetly! I signed up with Net over a year ago. I keep entering their little games and have never own or have been paid anything. I'm going to delete it right now, come to think of it.

Susie :twisted:

• 4 weeks later...

hi! :D I did dl it but then uninstalled it once I thought about it. Doesn't it somehow violate other survey companies privacy policies? What about any personal info of yours (banking, credit cards)? Can that be viewed as well?? I wasn't sure so I just unistalled it.

• 3 months later...

Have realized that we cannot allow any companies anywhere to think it is ok to "monitor" our behaviour for whatever purpose. Implied consent leading to all sorts of problems later. Please say no to any company that asks to do this.