45 minutes is NOT a few minutes!

nj07208

I got a survey from Epoll yesterday. It was watching a 45 minute tv show about paranormal stuff. That's more time than I choose to devote to a survey so I deleted it and moved on. I got a reminder email today that said "This survey will only take a few minutes of your time. After completion, you will earn 1000 points." 45 minutes is not a few minutes, Epoll! Lol

Plus 3750 points is what it takes to get a $5 gift card.So 1000 has to be worth a little over a dollar,right?Not good on the math when it comes to valuing their points.There's no way I'm doing a 45 minute survey for so little pay.Seems to me you got screwed on pay and your time.

Plus 3750 points is what it takes to get a $5 gift card.So 1000 has to be worth a little over a dollar,right?Not good on the math when it comes to valuing their points.There's no way I'm doing a 45 minute survey for so little pay.Seems to me you got screwed on pay and your time.

You must have misread my post. I did NOT do the survey the first time I received it nor the 2nd time when the reminder email was sent.

You must have misread my post. I did NOT do the survey the first time I received it nor the 2nd time when the reminder email was sent.

Your right ,I'm sorry I did misunderstand.I just hope others will read my post and know how much the pay would have been at least that way maybe they wont be working for so little pay.Plus if you write them about it their standard reply is that "you don't have to do it if you don't wish to" .My only hope is that people realize they deserve more.

By this time 2 years ago 2010 in March I had close to $550.00 in Amazon. Last year 2012 $400.00 in ,March in amazon. This year $320.00 in March for amazon that's not including the paypal or Pinecone. But since January I am in 5 different communities, so I am getting about $45.00-$55.00 a month and know I'm getting paid for sure by doing what they ask. And each one is about 10-30 minutes a week. NO DQ'S, NO FUL QUOTA, NO INVALEDS.

I have dropped since August 2012 Toluna, JD Powers, Survey Head, Survey Savvy, Opinion Outpost, Epoll, and a few others. I was tiered of the DQ's, survey full, waiting months for payouts, invalids, or survey sites closing my account when I have money in them.

I can't believe how much freer I feel not having to type to survey companies tying up my time trying to get money owed to me.

I bet I have saved 100 hours the last few months by not tying up my time to get money owed to me.

It is like doing the same survey several times over for one pay when you use your time over and over again to get surveys to pay what they owe you!! OK it's like this to me, you get paid like $2.00 for a 15 minute survey ok?? Now you email them a few times because they didn't pay you. Then some of you type to the company that the survey was for and tell them you haven't got paid by the company who sent you the survey. Then that 15 minute survey with the 2-3 times emailing them to find out when your getting paid you just spent an hour or more for that missing $2.00. And that is just one survey. How many times do you have to type to survey sites to get paid for 1 survey?? You are adding more time to that same survey and your pay is even less.

I don't know. IS ANYBODY UNDERSTANDING WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY HERE???

Am I the only one noticing that??.................... :roll::shock::cry:

By this time 2 years ago 2010 in March I had close to $550.00 in Amazon. Last year 2012 $400.00 in ,March in amazon. This year $320.00 in March for amazon that's not including the paypal or pinecone. But since January I am in 5 different communities, so I am getting about $45.00-$55.00 a month and know I'm getting paid for sure by doing what they ask. And each one is about 10-30 minutes a week. NO DQ'S, NO FUL QUOTA, NO INVALEDS.

I have dropped since August 2012 Toluna, JD Powers, Survey Head, Survey savvy, Opinion Outpost, Epoll, and a few others. I was tiered of the DQ's, survey full, waiting months for payouts, invalids, or survey sites closing my account when I have money in them.

I can't believe how much freer I feel not having to type to survey companies tying up my time trying to get money owed to me.

I bet I have saved 100 hours the last few months by not tying up my time to get money owed to me.

It is like doing the same survey several times over for one pay when you use your time over and over again to get surveys to pay what they owe you!! OK it's like this to me, you get paid like $2.00 for a 15 minute survey ok?? Now you email them a few times because they didn't pay you. Then some of you type to the company that the survey was for and tell them you haven't got paid by the company who sent you the survey. Then that 15 minute survey with the 2-3 times emailing them to find out when your getting paid you just spent an hour or more for that missing $2.00. And that is just one survey. How many times do you have to type to survey sites to get paid for 1 survey?? You are adding more time to that same survey and your pay is even less.

I have to aggree that it is very frustrating when you have to beg for your money owed to you.I wish I could get into more communities it is a lot less stressful,you do what they ask and get your monthly GC with no begging.How did you get into so many ?I was always under the impression that you could only belong to one at a time.I do receive the invites every now and then but I assumed because I already belong to one that is why I am always rejected.

By this time 2 years ago 2010 in March I had close to $550.00 in Amazon. Last year 2012 $400.00 in ,March in amazon. This year $320.00 in March for amazon that's not including the paypal or pinecone. But since January I am in 5 different communities, so I am getting about $45.00-$55.00 a month and know I'm getting paid for sure by doing what they ask. And each one is about 10-30 minutes a week. NO DQ'S, NO FUL QUOTA, NO INVALEDS.

I have dropped since August 2012 Toluna, JD Powers, Survey Head, Survey savvy, Opinion Outpost, Epoll, and a few others. I was tiered of the DQ's, survey full, waiting months for payouts, invalids, or survey sites closing my account when I have money in them.

You did a real good job explaining -I don't think most people grasp all the time it takes and begging and whining to get a few measly bucks.Although I do think it's nativity-when you first start out everything is fine and dandy,you think it's great what these companies are doing and your making money sitting at home doing this.But what people don't realize is how much time versus the rewards are.I truly believe my time and my opinion is worth more then $2.00 a hour .Plus stress,aggravation and feeling of helplessness is bad for your health and I mean that literally.

P.S. by the way the companies you mentioned not belonging to anymore are the ones I'm no longer with either.

By this time 2 years ago 2010 in March I had close to $550.00 in Amazon. Last year 2012 $400.00 in ,March in amazon. This year $320.00 in March for amazon that's not including the paypal or pinecone. But since January I am in 5 different communities, so I am getting about $45.00-$55.00 a month and know I'm getting paid for sure by doing what they ask. And each one is about 10-30 minutes a week. NO DQ, NO FUL QUOTA, NO INVALEDS.

I have to agree that it is very frustrating when you have to beg for your money owed to you.I wish I could get into more communities it is a lot less stressful,you do what they ask and get your monthly GC with no begging.How did you get into so many ?I was always under the impression that you could only belong to one at a time.I do receive the invites every now and then but I assumed because I already belong to one that is why I am always rejected.

Hey Peach6,

Just keep trying every one that sends you an invite. Yes some companies have several communities. But there are many different companies that have communities. Also read what it intailes. Some for instances, only give you an incentive for CHANCE to win a $25.00 amazon for your participation every week. I don't even try to get in them. If your asked to join a community and they do not tell you what the incentive is a month, email them. You can also join some and if they are a CHANCE incentive $25.00 a month, unsubscribe. I'm not going to waist my time on a chance. I want the REAL DEAL lol......... :lol:

I get surveys from Survey Scout and sometimes they send me applications to join communities. So that is how I have gotten into a few them..................... :D

1957horses, I completely agree with you.

I'm chopping down the list of my companies too, as soon as I cash out next. If I have to send a site an email about giving me the points/cash they said they'd pay after my completing the survey then that's extra work that I shouldn't have to do. These survey companies are already paying pennies, so if I have to chase after them then I'm gone.

1957horse are communities the same as communispace?

No, Well the candy one might be I get $20.00 a month paypal.......... :D

But The other ones are not................ :)

1957horse are communities the same as communispace?

No, Well the candy one might be I get $20.00 a month paypal.......... :D

But The other ones are not................ :)

Thank You

You can all hate me, but I am doing any that I can. $1 for 45 minutes, I will try it. I need to get to the cash out point on some of these and then I am not going to go back. I will siply close my account or delete them. I have recently received several invites to be on boards and they will enter me into a drawing for $100. I am not going to do sweeps for sure. I can't rationalize them asking for me to spend 30 mintues for a chance to win money. That is as useless as playing the lottery.