Nielsen movie surveys

avemaria

does anyone ever get through on these? i'm beginning to think it's just a joke.. where it asks how many movies you've seen in the past 2 months, then 6 months.. can I have your kid finish the survey? ok cool, bring 13 year old daughter and have her finish.. now which of these 2 R-rated movies have you seen in a theater? none? ok goodbye.. but i'm not even going to say goodbye, i'm just going to cut it off... sigh, where are the kids with no standards and morals? those are the ones i want to survey!!

Nope. It never plays. I actually wrote the CEP of Nielsen because no one will help. I can't tell you how many of their surveys I have taken, and they never work, and I waste my time. They are clearly written by someone who speaks English as a second language as well. the only surveys I let my kids take are the ACOP ones.

Nope. I have no idea what they are looking for. It does not matter whether or not I answer yes to one both or neither movie. I never make it through. LOL

I made it through once through One Opinion, I am not sure how because I answered the same way through another side a few days later and I dq.I do remember the last question was to fill in the blanks you had to put in all the movies that were now playing at the theaters.I was glad I still had my paper.

That survey has been on here for at least 2 years..does it go on indefinitely? Gee. I just log off when I get that one. Also, the one about how many TV programs you watch between 8pm and 11 pm, etc. Hundreds of boxes. I see those or anything from opinionshere and I'm outta here!

i literally had the same survey 3 times today.. as a test i clicked on all 3 combinations.. (none of the above 2 movies), (one of them), (both of them).. the movies were 'the call' and the new Jim Carrey Steve Carell movie.. none of the combos worked.. this is a bogus survey and i'm not doing another one with nielsen..

• 2 weeks later...

I get this piece of crap at least three times a week. I don't know what they're looking for.

But then, Nielsen is owned by Rupert Murdoch now, and I wouldn't trust that old bastard to tell me it was 110 in Tucson in the middle of July. :twisted:

I've lurked here for a while but this actually made me register. I usually avoid those Nielsen surveys like the plague because they literally only seem to apply to people that go to the movies like 4 times a week and only see the big mindless blockbusters. But this past weekend I had a bit of a movie binge and so I thought hey I'll give it a go. I was just (20 minutes ago or so) going through this answering the questions and for once it was going great; it had taken me through things like which movies did you like, would you rather have it normal or 3D, which of these upcoming releases are you excited about...tons of stuff!

So great in fact it was on 96% of the completion bar and was in to the part where you put the final demographic info and all that. I thought wow I'm actually going to complete this one! I'm answering things like your race, your yearly income, you know all the stuff. Then pops up one last random question, three new movies on it and it asks "which of these have you seen" so I click on the two of the three I'd seen and bam! Disqualify page. Oooooh didn't I want to jump through the screen!!!! Shady, slimy survey; they get every single piece of their info as much as they want and I bet they actually pay out one out of 200 times or so. You'll have better luck with that choose a door game and it's quicker!

Nielsen is a well known supposedly legitimate co. But, I wonder how accurate their results are as a knowledgeable survey taker will avoid them like the plague. Very intrusive abusive surveys with little rewards. Their prelims are actually surveys in disguise and then not acceptable. Don't waste your time. If I were a company seeking survey info I would not use them and as a survey taker I avoid them. I think of them as OTX.

I've lurked here for a while but this actually made me register. I usually avoid those Nielsen surveys like the plague because they literally only seem to apply to people that go to the movies like 4 times a week and only see the big mindless blockbusters. But this past weekend I had a bit of a movie binge and so I thought hey I'll give it a go. I was just (20 minutes ago or so) going through this answering the questions and for once it was going great; it had taken me through things like which movies did you like, would you rather have it normal or 3D, which of these upcoming releases are you excited about...tons of stuff!

So great in fact it was on 96% of the completion bar and was in to the part where you put the final demographic info and all that. I thought wow I'm actually going to complete this one! I'm answering things like your race, your yearly income, you know all the stuff. Then pops up one last random question, three new movies on it and it asks "which of these have you seen" so I click on the two of the three I'd seen and bam! Disqualify page. Oooooh didn't I want to jump through the screen!!!! Shady, slimy survey; they get every single piece of their info as much as they want and I bet they actually pay out one out of 200 times or so. You'll have better luck with that choose a door game and it's quicker!

you're not alone,... i had the same experience to the letter... i got all the way through and then got cut.. i forgot which company it was with but i'm sure I sent an email about it.. usually if it's OO they'll look at your time and just credit you anyhow.. surveyhead will just ignore it and do nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

avemaria, you had a Nielsen movie survey today too? :)

I was going to mention it if it were brought up again, but I finished a Nielsen movie survey! I started it just waiting to DQ and even around the 50% mark I thought, "They can still disqualify me!" But nope...I'm so proud of myself. Or maybe I'm proud of them for actually allowing someone to complete a survey. It's like the first time I completed an OTX/OpinionsHere survey -- very unexpected. Plus, the Nielsen survey only took about 10 minutes to finish. I'm amazed.

My 14 year old did one today, and some of the movies they were asking her about are totally inappropriate for someone her age. So I was a little miffed. She did it through Swagbucks and we got 75 points for it. Just pennies it looks like.

Speaking of inappropriate...I did one for Epoll. It is a new A and E series. They dropped this F bomb like 6 times...and didnt bleep it!!! Thankfully my kids were outside playing and didn't hear it. I emailed them and gave them hell and they were actually apologetic.