Freeride has done it now!

theskyhunter

well one of the easiest sites to make a little bit of cash for only clicking on their emails and doing a few surveys has gone the way of many now. the only good thing i can say that is better, you dont need near as many tokens to cash out now. so dissapointed. AGAIN! its like many of the generic panels now. on the old Freeride panel before the new company took over, you could at least get 10 to 25 tokens for opening their email and for just attempting to try a survey. not now. it really added up. one major concern i have is that i had just redeemed 55,000 tokens for a $50 amazon GC. will i still get it or not now. i emailed them and hope to get a happy answer. for me that is!

well i got an email back from the guy who bought it out and i wasnt really happy with what he had to say. here it is.

"I just noticed that I was not getting all the replies from my contact form to my email so I am sorry for this delayed response. I have talked to many people already so if you have talked to me already then you can disregard this email.

>

> I am the new owner of FreeRide.com and I am focusing on making my members lots of $$$$$ and customer service. I hate belonging to sites that never respond. I feel customer service is important. The more members use this site the better the opportunities I can offer them to make money.

>

> I just bought the website from the old company and not the liabilities, etc but I will do my best to make everyone happy since you all mean a tremendous amount to me.

>

> Please read the email I have been sending out and also please respond to [email protected] which gets directly to me.

>

> Here is the email I have been sending out.

>

> Hi ,

>

> We have an official announcement going out in a day or two about the change of ownership of FreeRide. Meanwhile please create a new account and try out our new features. Unfortunately, I have no knowledge of member token balances, as I have only purchased the assets of Freeride.com. I was not privy to any information of that nature. As the new owner of Freeride.com, I can assure you that if you choose to be a member of the new Freeride.com, you will be provided with many opportunities to earn and redeem tokens. In addition, if you had a prior token balance let me know and I will do my best efforts to work out a bonus plan for you to keep you happy. I really want to give it my all to make my members happy. That includes making them more money and the providing of great customer service. Please try and use the service and as the membership grows I will be able to provide opportunities which have big payouts since I have relationships with companies in this industry.

>

>

> Thanks for reaching out to us.

>

> Rob"

well it doesnt sound good does it? i emailed him back and let him know what i thought about it. his excuses were terrible. who buys out a company and is not privy to all the info? really!! :x i told him also, the survey sites i know of when they are merged or bought out always carry over the members points and stuff. one more thing that really bothers me too, is why didnt anyone say anything about us losing our rewards/points? :x im just fed up with the whole survey thing these days!

I would not waste one single minute. It is impossible that he was not aware of this. He would have had to be presented with all of the financial records. He cannot just buy the assets of the company unless it is a PHYSICAL asset. I would immediately and without delay send all of your information to the attorney general of the state in which freeride is incorporated. Also, send him the emails. I have a degree in Finance and can tell you that this man is full of ^%$#%$.

I would not waste one single minute. It is impossible that he was not aware of this. He would have had to be presented with all of the financial records. He cannot just buy the assets of the company unless it is a PHYSICAL asset. I would immediately and without delay send all of your information to the attorney general of the state in which freeride is incorporated. Also, send him the emails. I have a degree in Finance and can tell you that this man is full of ^%$#%$.

he put a "status update" area on his site now to keep us informed. lol on that one! hes gonna hurt for people to stay with him now the ways hes done us all. he mentioned hes surprised by the thousands of members who are so incensed by whats happened. i mean DUH!!! what does he expect? i wonder if i report this to the BBB would it help also?

The BBB may help, but it is doubtful. You are better writing to the State Attorney General in which the company is located. THAT will get their attention.

The BBB may help, but it is doubtful. You are better writing to the State Attorney General in which the company is located. THAT will get their attention.

will try and do that. thx!!

• 3 weeks later...

well i was gonna get in touch with the state attorney general of the state they are located in, but im at a dead end now, because they are located in Canada.oh well. recieved another email from him and they must be feeling the wrath of all the members now. hes kinda like begging people stay with them. good ridance! :x

I'm not familiar with Canadian law or if it makes any difference that you aren't a Canadian resident but the Royal Canadian Mounted Police have a website dedicated to Scams and Fraud. You probably want to start under the Mass Marketing section.

thx! i went to their website and 1 of the last things i read was that if you live outside of Canada you have to ask local law enforcement to ask their enforcement people for help. sounds like im just been stripped of $50. i sent them an email anyways for any kind of info or help they might can give me.