Verified list

Roco1975

How do companies make it onto the verified list? And is it possible to remove companies if they are found to be doing things such as failing to pay panelists as agreed?

To get on the SurveyPolice verified list, survey panels have to follow certain criteria. This includes having proper legal agreements in place between the company and panelists, having data used for legitimate market research purposes, having full contact information available to panelists, etc.

Right now there is a "verified" list and an "unverified" list. The "unverified" list will not appear on the new website (which we will be launching in the next 3 weeks or so). As it stands, those on the "unverified" list do not abide by the criteria above.

Users can decide for themselves whether a panel is worth joining or not, based on the information we provide about it, as well as feedback from other users. It would be biased if we were to blacklist legitimate survey panels purely based on user reviews. For instance, users will often award a legitimate panel a rating of 1 star out of 5 because they are slow to pay but are good in every other aspect. Is this fair? Maybe, maybe not. SurveyPolice doesn't pass the heavy judgement on survey panels as we may have in the past. This is something we are moving away from, and instead, are turning into a comprehensive forum for survey takers to relay their survey-taking experiences, and where users can decide for themselves whether a panel is worth joining.

Hopefully with the new website, this will all be made clearer. You will also be able to edit your reviews whenever you wish, which should paint a more accurate portrait of what a survey panel is really like, especially as they change (for better or for worse) over time.

To get on the SurveyPolice verified list, survey panels have to follow certain criteria. This includes having proper legal agreements in place between the company and panelists, having data used for legitimate market research purposes, having full contact information available to panelists, etc.

Right now there is a "verified" list and an "unverified" list. The "unverified" list will not appear on the new website (which we will be launching in the next 3 weeks or so). As it stands, those on the "unverified" list do not abide by the criteria above.

Users can decide for themselves whether a panel is worth joining or not, based on the information we provide about it, as well as feedback from other users. It would be biased if we were to blacklist legitimate survey panels purely based on user reviews. For instance, users will often award a legitimate panel a rating of 1 star out of 5 because they are slow to pay but are good in every other aspect. Is this fair? Maybe, maybe not. SurveyPolice doesn't pass the heavy judgement on survey panels as we may have in the past. This is something we are moving away from, and instead, are turning into a comprehensive forum for survey takers to relay their survey-taking experiences, and where users can decide for themselves whether a panel is worth joining.

Hopefully with the new website, this will all be made clearer. You will also be able to edit your reviews whenever you wish, which should paint a more accurate portrait of what a survey panel is really like, especially as they change (for better or for worse) over time.

I like that very much@you will also be able to edit your reviews whenever you wish."- I don't write reviews until I've been with the survey site for a LONG time. However, I notice at a later date (with some of my reviews) I wish I was able to change my review, as my opinion of them has changed. So this will be perfect! :D