Pinecone is on fire

mccfan2

Has anyone else been getting a crazy (well, for them) amount of surveys from Pinecone all of a sudden? I made $12 from them last week and got 2 in my inbox yesterday waiting on me. It seems to have started when they went to the points system. They're not that long, either, but all pay $3.

ever since they changed over to points I have not been able to take a survey.. I get to the page and it just spins at the top. Does anyone know what browser I should be using and settings I should use, Thanks..

Has anyone else been getting a crazy (well, for them) amount of surveys from Pinecone all of a sudden?

Nope!

Does PineCone have paypal option??............ :roll:

For most people I believe they do, yes.

I've only received 1 invite.

KESDWR ?Or however it's spelt said they joined a while back and can only get points towards gifts.So while some of us can get PayPal ,some of us cant ,it just depends on when you joined.

I've gotten 3 surveys in roughly one week's time this past week. That's more than some weeks. There are some weeks that go by with no Pinecone surveys for me at all, and then all of a sudden there will be a few in a couple of days. It is definitely demographics-based, and also some of it probably has to do with whatever quota they need filled. They may have X number of a specific survey to send out to X number of people, but if the quota for that survey has been met in a quicker time frame than expected they probably will not send out the remainder of those surveys to anyone else.

I know that when I first joined Pinecone in 2011, it was after 3 attempts to "get in." A friend had been a member for a while and she was telling me what a good place it was to do surveys for, but they kept rejecting me when I applied and when my friend referred me. Finally, I got the invitation to join from Pinecone (they'd kept my info on file from when I pestered them!).

In the first 6 months of being a Pinecone member, they would only send me checks. There was no PayPal option for me at all, even though my friend told me she was getting PayPals from them. Unfortunately, the checks they sent me could not be read by my ATM so I constantly had to go into the bank (when it was not necessarily convenient to do that) and convince the tellers that these checks were good and not bogus. The tellers always had to manually enter in all the numbers from the checks. It was a pain. Finally, after 6 months of being an active member (early 2012), Pinecone gave me the option to get PayPals.

I made $69 in the first 6 months and had already tested one product in that time frame. I was getting more surveys to do in that first 6 months than my friend who told me about Pinecone was getting. She had settled into a "once a month" survey pattern with Pinecone after being a member for a long while, so she was surprised to hear that I was getting at least one per week.

Now, with this new points system in place, I wonder if Pinecone will offer PayPals to new members after the first 6 months or if they will just keep the new members on the points-for-gifts system.

They never sent me an invite until after going to the points system and I have no PayPal option. I get a survey invite every few weeks or so.

Now, with this new points system in place, I wonder if Pinecone will offer PayPals to new members after the first 6 months or if they will just keep the new members on the points-for-gifts system.

I'm a new member, i.e. I joined this year. When I tried to sign up I was just bored and wanted to see what their registration process was like. I didn't think I'd be accepted because I'd heard from a few people that they weren't accepting new members. But a few hours after I finished the household survey I got a welcome email.

Anyway, I'm on points -> PayPal or merchandise. I never had checks or a card, I was automatically on PayPal payments. I joined around the time a couple of people, but not most, had received the email about the points system.

I've already made $9 this week. I'm a 21 y/o male if that means anything. All I can say is they must like my demographics.

I joined over a year ago. Last time I redeemed for cash through the points system. Several days later I got it deposited in my PayPal account. I actually thought I was going to get a check as it kept mentioning a "delivery" date.

I've already made $9 this week. I'm a 21 y/o male if that means anything. All I can say is they must like my demographics.

I joined over a year ago. Last time I redeemed for cash through the points system. Several days later I got it deposited in my PayPal account. I actually thought I was going to get a check as it kept mentioning a "delivery" date.

You are a rare commodity in the survey world.In fact you are their main target.Just like my 12 year old daughter your age is great for this.Just don't let them sucker you,you are worth more then .50 cent for a 25 minute survey. (I wasn't thinking about Pinecone when I wrote that)

They're actually looking for 18-24 year olds right now! They clearly have a desire/need for that demographic, so it makes sense you're getting a bunch of surveys right now.

I just received a survey from them so if I get another soon I'll post back here.

It sure is "on fire!" But maybe for me, it's a different reason...... :|

I just got a survey from them today, and WOW was it long. Actually, I even had to STOP taking the survey because I couldn't bare it anymore! It was also a new type of Pinecone survey, which required ALOT of writing and commenting on new product ideas. Wow am I disappointed!