Pinecone- Is Anyone Else Having Trouble Contacting Them?

Sherry67

sparksy2k -

Yes, I am all too familiar of the new points system/Rewards site for Pinecone. I've been using it for the last 2 or 3 weeks now, I guess, for 5 separate $3.00 payments. I just did another survey today, in fact, so that means another visit to the Rewards site is in my future tomorrow. Lol. That's why I first joined this site -- to vent about the points system and the annoying process of cashing out on the rewards site! It has never taken me a week to get paid though -- at least not since the days when they used to send me checks in the mail. Even with this most recent delay in issuing my points it still didn't take a week.

Karen (or her staff) used to always reply, but she can't reply when the emails are not reaching her. Every time I sent an email about the late payment this time, the emails bounced back to me as undeliverable. So I had to take another approach and I think that is what did the trick! I suspect her office is getting bombarded with email so there were some malfunctions.

footfree -

I belong to Homescan! (I belong to sooooo many places, some of which I can't even remember!) I've been with them for years, and the people I've spoken to are definitely the ones in the New York office. Homescan is a much bigger individual entity than Pinecone is, even though they are both part of the same family, but I still think that there are more people than just Karen working at Pinecone. There's a staff of some kind.

I've never cashed out for one single thing with Homescan and have just let my points build and build and build over the years in hopes that one day they will make the leap to offering Visa gift cards or AmEx gift cards. They give those kinds of cards away in some of their sweepstakes, so it seems like it would only be fair for them to let the longtime members have the option to get some kind of cash equivalent as a redemption. One time they put a Canon camera up as a hot item and I would have been willing to use my points on that, but by the time I reached the points I needed to get that camera, the camera was gone! Lol. It figures.

One of my friends just got accepted to Pinecone (on her first try at signing up - they did not reject her) and to Darwin's Data. (She was very, very happy to learn about Darwin's and to get her first $10 Amazon card, as her house just suffered a big fire and her family lost a lot of things. She needs to start getting little knick knacks and odds and ends again to make their new house feel like home, and the Amazon gift cards will help her a lot with that.) I told her to let me know when she gets her first points for her first survey through Pinecone, because I want to know what she sees in the "Featured" section where the rest of us see Cash on the Rewards site. If she doesn't get a cash option of any kind yet because she is a new member, it's possible that Pinecone will offer her a cash/check option later on down the road.