Not understanding new payment at pinecone

footfree

So I cashed out for the first time this past weekend.I received a email this morning saying they are going to ship my reward.Does that mean by Paypal or they are going to mail it to me? I use to get payment by Paypal before and it said on the web site that we will be receiving payments like we did with the old system.However on the statement it really doesn't say which way it is to be delivered.I know some of you have already cashed out so I was hoping you can help me figure out what to expect.

If you received PayPals before, you will continue to receive PayPals and the money will most likely be in your PayPal account tomorrow (if you cashed out over the weekend and got the follow-up email today). I agree - the wording in that whole cash-out process, and the page after page after page we have to go through, does not make it clear. Saying the prize will be "shipped" is misleading.

I think they are trying to discourage people from cashing out for money. I think that's why the cash option is basically hidden and why the actual verbiage is set up to sound as though we ordered packages.

They will send you another one of those "order status" e-mails tomorrow, before your money comes through, so look for it!

Yes, you'll get the money in PayPal. It seems they have one redemption system so its the same redemption methods for the cash (PayPal, check, card) as it is for the merchandise hence all this business about "shipping" and "delivery".

i've seen the 'ship your reward' message on other panels and then have received it by email.. so i think that's a general response to sending out the rewards.

i just saw the rewards page for the first time.. where is the Debit Card link?

Here is what the FAQ's state:

How do I select the cash out option?

Follow steps to redeem your rewards. Once logged into the reward site, under Departments List in the left column, click Featured Awards then select Cash Out option from the list. Click the Cash Option at the bottom of the list then select the quantity of $3 amounts you wish to redeem. If you receive payment via Everywhere Reward™ Debit MasterCard®, funds will continue to be loaded onto your card. If you are currently receiving PayPal payments, then you will be able to continue receiving PayPal payments with the Cash Option. Please note that if you request multiple cash payments it will be combined and issued as one payment for your convenience (i.e. 3 x payment will be one payment of $9). Click on "add to cart" and click "checkout" to complete your order.

So log-in to your account.

Scroll down on your member page to the yellow 'redeem my points' bar on the bottom and click.

Then on the left sidebar under Departments, go to 'featured awards' then go to the last option which is 'cash option'

The reason you're getting the generic "reward being shipped" message is that they have (apparently) outsourced the cash payments to whatever company it is that's handling their points for merchandise thing (though I have yet to talk to anybody who actually would rather buy "stuff" from their site and not cash out)

This seems to be delaying the checks by an additional couple of days, but the upside of that is, that you can always choose to cash out later and get one check, as opposed to all the $3 checks rolling in once or twice a week. (For those of us still stuck with checks and not PayPal anyway)