FakeAV virus on Swagbucks

rosiesmom

Every time I go to Swagbucks and try to do the poll for the day I get something from my antivirus saying that a FakeAV attack was stopped. I don't get it at any other time. Does anyone else get this?

I am not sure I can pull it up again but I will try. It is their daily poll. Every time I click on it, I get that virus message.

According to Sucuri SiteCheck and Unmask Parasites the site isn't loading any malware. I have seen other reports that Swagbucks has set off various antivirus scanners but I can't find any solid evidence of actual virus coming from the site. The Daily Polls page loads a pop-up type side bar that I assume is written in Javascript. That could be what is setting off your antivirus.

Have you ran a virus scan recently on your computer? Sometimes you can be infected and not know it. Visiting certain websites will "trigger" the malware to become active so it may not be the website thats infected but rather your computer/browser.

According to Sucuri SiteCheck and Unmask Parasites the site isn't loading any malware. I have seen other reports that Swagbucks has set off various antivirus scanners but I can't find any solid evidence of actual virus coming from the site. The Daily Polls page loads a pop-up type side bar that I assume is written in Javascript. That could be what is setting off your antivirus.

Have you ran a virus scan recently on your computer? Sometimes you can be infected and not know it. Visiting certain websites will "trigger" the malware to become active so it may not be the website thats infected but rather your computer/browser.

I am amazed at your knowledge! I have a virus scan always running in the background. I did try the poll again this morning and I had nothing pop up, so I think it might be the pop up, I am just guessing. It was just funny that it was never popping up with any other site. Thanks for your help!

Your welcome!

A few things about antivirus. 1) They don't know the difference in "good" and "bad" scripts/files/software, etc. They may be set off by a false positive. It doesn't mean they are right or wrong, it just means they are working. 2) The best antivirus on the market is only as good as the person using the computer. It takes a healthy dose of common sense for them to be effective. :mrgreen: