My first reaction to Surveyspot....terrible

sparksy2k

I just joined Surveyspot because I'm unemployed and have some time to check out surveys, as I already am members with several already. At one time in the past I was a member of Surverspot, but left for some reason. Upon coming back today I had a first impression that they must be affiliated with Opinion Outpost the way things were set up and the addy's from the surveys. Now this is the reason for this post: It took me 30 minutes in two surveys to earn 20 points. I go look at the rewards and find out it takes 1000 points to cash out 10 bucks! That means it would take me 25 straight hours to earn 10 bucks! Hell I thought Opinion Outpost was cheap at roughly 6 bucks an hour.

And can you believe they just started awarding points again as of May 1--here is an email I got from them:

Huge Rewards are on the way!

Your voice was heard! Points are coming, and lots of them! Beginning May 1st, for any survey that you complete you will receive more POINTS for your time in addition to your prize draw entry. The majority of the surveys you will receive will have more points attached to them.

Yup--'Huge Rewards' LoL!

When I started doing surveys 8 or 9 years ago they didn't offer points.They were the 1st survey company I joined.They use to send out PT'S and then they started paying.They paid on time and actually paid a decent wage.Then the economy went down hill fast and so did they.They wouldn't put points into my account. I would email them and get no response,so I quit.I have never regretted my decision because they have not changed their ways in the last 6 years or so.

People still do surveys at SurveySpot? I thought they were obsolete, lol.

And yes, they are affiliated with Opinion Outpost. They're now under the same parent company -- Survey Sampling International. I heard it can cause issues if you're with both sites since they offer many of the same surveys, but I've only ever been with OO so I have no personal experience with that.

Surveyspot is one of about 6 companies that are under one main company (Survey Sampling International).. they used to be good before they merged but now Surveyspot is worthless.. Opinion Outpost is probably the best of their panels..

I used to belong to SurveySpot too (I was trying to remember how long ago, but it must have been maybe 3-4 years ago???). It took a long time for me to reach the 1000 point level to be able to cash out, although I did manage to cash out 2 times in the entire time I was there. I never seemed to qualify for anything, or if I did it was for 5 points. I never got any PTs or anything. I finally stopped responding to their emails and they dropped me.

I have loads and loads and loads of trouble with Opinion Outpost because that site is riddled with technical issues and there is no one to really "fix" anything...but I've now cashed out 3 times in less than 2 weeks of being a member of OO, in comparison to the 2 times I cashed out at SurveySpot in one or two years or whatever it was that I was there. Plus, most of the surveys I get through OO are more interesting than the ones I used to get through SS.

I have to see that I am at least making some progress on a survey site to be willing to stick with it despite its flaws. I have to at least see the points building up, or the cash-out goal on the horizon. I have to at least qualify for one survey per day, in my mind, to make it worthwhile. If I get DQ'd from everything and my points are not increasing after months, like with SurveySpot, then it's a dead end for me.

And can you believe they just started awarding points again as of May 1--here is an email I got from them:

Huge Rewards are on the way!

Your voice was heard! Points are coming, and lots of them! Beginning May 1st, for any survey that you complete you will receive more POINTS for your time in addition to your prize draw entry. The majority of the surveys you will receive will have more points attached to them.

Yup--'Huge Rewards' LoL!

Yeah, I got the same message.... and in the very same email was an invite to a survey.....

...for 20 points.

Now if this was Opinion Outpost, that might have been OK, for a short survey. But this is Survey Spot where you still need 1000 points to cash out at $10.

I suppose 20 points is an "improvement" over the big ZERO points on everything in the month of April, but it's not by any means a "huge reward".

Yup, was with them for years. They were one of my big cash cows many years ago but things went downhill quickly after the merger a few years back. I dumped them soon there after and haven't looked back.

I used to be an active panelist with Surveyspot and earned decent rewards. But even with the new policy promising 'Huge Rewards' either the survey invitations have no reward points at all or points that are ridiculously low. I just got a 15-minute survey invitation for 15 points! As someone said, it would be okay if it were Opinion Outpost, but you need 1000 points to cashout for $10. Needless to say, I ignored the invitation.

The other thing that bothers me is that in the past these invitations said 'earn a reward' so I took the survey thinking there'd be a decent points award as they'd provided in my prior experience only to find out after committing my time to complete the survey, there were no points awarded and that the 'reward' was a lousy sweepstakes entry. Very misleading imo. And I think they knew that and deliberately misled us into taking surveys by declaring there was a reward attached knowing that based on our past experiences we'd take the bait assuming the reward was points redeemable for cash via paypal and not merely a sweepstakes entry.

I guess enough of us finally woke up to stop taking the bait, so they had to change it. But now--as low as these points are--I'm not going to bother. I think they are testing the waters to see how low they can go with their incentives. IOW how many 'suckers' they can lure in. It makes business sense--pay what the market will bear and no more. So, as long as we don't supply them with responses and hold out for larger rewards, they will eventually have to pay us a decent incentive. That's what I'm doing--just not bothering. They must think we're stupid.

my reaction is they are getting just about as bad as Toluna now. do they really think that 11,15 or 22 surveys are huge rewards? :? i know its better than nothing but still a waste of my time doing a survey for these measly amount of cents. i mean really, there are alot of surveys i do for $1 for a 5 to 10 minute survey. i think yall are right about them maybe just testing us. and yeah i believe they were the 1st survey panel i joined and they were great, but now, YUCK.