Ipsos -Does this sound like a generic response?

footfree

I did a 30 minute survey which they didn't pay me for and yes I did it all the way to the end I was never screened out.I went to their site and took the survey (see if I'll ever do another survey from the site again).In their case you should wait for the invite.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Sometimes, our clients decide to place screening variables not only in the beginning of a questionnaire, but also at some later stages of the survey. Therefore, in such cases you may answer a few more questions than usual before being notified of the screening.

In addition, there are a set number of respondents who fall under different categories, called "quotas". If, for example, we need 230 men aged 25-30 to answer a certain survey, the 231st may be screened out, as the quota will have already been reached. Unfortunately, this is a necessary procedure in all online surveys, without which we would never be able to evaluate and balance the results of any survey.

I hope you don’t encounter this issue in future surveys. Should you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

I wrote them back a not so happy letter telling me their story didn't fly with me.

Yes, it does sound like a canned response but it also seems like they actually read the email.

In any case, things like this are the reason why I only work with companies where I can't be DQ'd from a survey, there is a low chance of me DQ'ing after the first 5 minutes, or if I do and have spent a substantial amount of time doing the survey, I still get some form of compensation (not a sweeps entry!). Many sites are all about their bottom line and pleasing their clients, and don't give a toss about the panelists. It's just unfair for someone to spend half an hour on a survey and get nothing for it.

Right now I'm working on pruning my survey panels list. I received my Amazon gift code from OnlyCashSurveys a couple of days ago and dropped them right after. Next is Paidviewpoint but that may take a while with their $0.10 surveys.