GTM- I'm tired of getting this survey

footfree

The acurian at least that's how I think it's spelt anyway. I'm so tired of getting this survey.If not from them then it's another company.You would think after x amount of months they would have enough people for this study.What survey are you tired of?And oh yeah I did the movie survey by telling them I was my 12 year old daughter.I should say she filled it out but I said my age was 12 at the beginning of it.

tired of getting alcohol surveys when it's listed in my profile i don't want them.. tired of answering daily on OO that I don't drink.. they ask me every day.

I don't like the media surveys where it starts with how many DVD's and Blurays have you purchased

basically anything boring.

I will agree with both of you!

footfree -- I don't get Acurian screeners through GTM but I get them through other sites (can't remember which ones) and I could do without those.

avemaria -- Same here! I don't drink and I often get those alcohol-related questions. I could easily do without ever getting another mobile phone survey, banking/finance survey, healthcare/hospital survey, DVD/Blu-ray survey, cable provider survey, phone provider survey, etc. I'm kind of tired of the detergent surveys too, although they often end in PTs.

I don't get a lot of surveys that seem to be truly perfect for me. I get food surveys, but rarely do I get a food survey about a product that I absolutely, 100% would enjoy (like no frozen pizza surveys for me). I get beverage surveys, but usually about beverages I don't typically drink. I get surveys about various shows on cable TV, but rarely about the shows that I actually watch regularly.

Last year I did get a very long (it was well over one hour) survey in which I listened to snippets of 625 Christmas songs (different versions of "Silent Night," "Jingle Bells," etc.) and that was about the MOST perfect survey for me that I could imagine! Anyone who knows me knows that a survey about Christmas songs is right up my alley! Yes, it was very long and the pay was not nearly enough for that length, but because I enjoyed it so much I didn't mind the low pay.

However, if they try to give me an hour+ survey about banking or mobile phones, I will not be pleased! :lol:

DVD's/Blueray/Movies and pretty much everything entertainment related. They need to change the surveys up a bit, make them more to the point and shorter, then cut down on what qualifying consists of. I'm pretty sure ALL survey panelists have taken a movie/dvd survey in the last 3 months at any given time of their survey life.

I'm also tired of the shopping surveys that start out with: "Name the stores you can think of." Then it goes to a new page with "Are there any other stores you can think of." Then the next page is a list of stores to check off. I feel insulted when they do that to me.

OK, got through that. Now its "What stores have you been to in the last 12 months." "What stores in the last 6 months." "How many in 3 months." "How many in the last 4 weeks."

It's like building a giant sun dial to get the time when all along you are wearing a watch!

yeah i don't like the ones on finance, banks, cell phones... the one i like the most is the one many here don't like.. the Ipsos one that actually lets me into it.. I can never get it on Ipoll or OO, but GTM sends it through from time to time.. it's the 40 minute one with a movie preview.. though I never take that long to do it.. i think it only took me 20 minutes today to do it and it was for $3.. I like the brain juicer ones as well.. anything interactive that isn't just a page of boxes and circles that makes me think i'm trying to decode a scene from the Matrix.. i'm not the One! I can't read the Matrix!

Questions that have too many answers.. such as 30 food items or stores in the past 6 months.. then the past month.. then the past week... then the past day.. and finally, which of these items out of the list of 30 are you literally in the supermarket taking it off the shelf ready to pay at the checkout counter? please, please, this is a matter of national security for the survival of the human race.. we need this data in the most critically important manner known to man... ok sorry, you didn't click the one out of 30 we were looking for so goodbye.. and they don't even say goodbye!

Or how about electronics like do you own this device and what they really want to know is if your child has it and is he or she playing video games and which video games.As soon as I see that one I exit out real fast.Banks-cell phones- and anything where I have to type the name and or item the question is about.Grids upon grids of answers to check off.I have little to no tolerance fro any of those.

What's Acurian? I don't recall that one.

I actually like don't mind some of the cell phone surveys that are about the cell phones themselves and their operating systems. The ones about phone carriers...no thanks. The sheer number of surveys about phones amazes me.

Ditto being tired of banking and finance surveys, including insurance surveys. Utilities surveys, car surveys. The food surveys that ask every detail about how you bought a food, when you ate it, where you ate it, how you ate it. As if I took notes.

As far as design:

Anything with screenwide grids for pages on end. GTM has lots of those.

Any and all of the surveys that ask, "List all of the ________ you can think of" then have several spaces for entries. How about I list two...yes, I think I'll do that.

All surveys that don't save your progress. Because of course errors never happen, you always have time to finish the survey in one sitting, and your internet connection never messes up. So you never have to start that 30 minute survey from the beginning again, when you were already 20 minutes through it.

Surveys with too many interactive elements. You need a tutorial to learn how to take the survey before you actually take it.

Pinecone's endless checklists of every product in existence.

On the other hand I'll probably never get tired of new food/beverage idea surveys, new cosmetic/personal care product ideas surveys, Brainjuicer surveys, psychology surveys from universities, and surveys about public figures or current events.

there's another one where you go through a list of home item's you've purchased.. and for whatever you've selected it has subquestions for each item.. and the pattern is the same for each one. Or the candy survey that has far too many items to go through.

Or the one where it asks how many dvd's or whatever and then throughout the survey asks which kind of what you've bought.. and if you get the answer wrong it stops you and says 'but you said earlier you purchased 5 of these, your answer can't be more than 5'..

there's another one where you go through a list of home item's you've purchased.. and for whatever you've selected it has subquestions for each item.. and the pattern is the same for each one.

Yes the one where it asks for items bought in the prior month? Be careful on that one. You can turn an easy survey into a MONSTER.

To avemaria, I hate those too! Like we're supposed to remember that we said 5. I want to tear my hair out when I get those. Tired of the cell phone ones. Give me to food surveys and I'm happy.

I've learned that with a lot of these surveys, the least information you volunteer, the better.

For example, any survey that has anything to do with a food product, they will no doubt ask you where you buy food. And probably give you a long list of choices like supermarket, drug store, Walmart, dollar store, gas station, buy it from some kid on the street, have it shipped from Mars, or whatever. And then for each of those categories you click on will add another 30 line x 10 column grid of dumb questions based on that sub-topic.

So even if you do shop at all of the above, just tell them you buy everything at the local Safeway and minimize the repetitive questions.

As for the Nielsen movie survey..... that thing is like the flu you can't get rid of. I still see it two or three times a week no matter what. And of course, I never finish it. Haven't heard of anyone yet who did.

I hope I didn't post this already, but I keep getting an 80 pointer for Communispace and I always go through it so that I screen out. I am already with Communispace. And I have gotten the request to do the survey from GTM at least 7 times. What gives?

...any survey that has anything to do with a food product, they will no doubt ask you where you buy food. And probably give you a long list of choices like supermarket, drug store, Walmart, dollar store, gas station, buy it from some kid on the street, have it shipped from Mars

Lol.

As for the Nielsen movie survey..... that thing is like the flu you can't get rid of. I still see it two or three times a week no matter what. And of course, I never finish it. Haven't heard of anyone yet who did.

I did once. I'm still shocked about it and convinced it must have been a mistake. I've had several since then and always DQ.

I've learned that with a lot of these surveys, the least information you volunteer, the better.

For example, any survey that has anything to do with a food product, they will no doubt ask you where you buy food. And probably give you a long list of choices like supermarket, drug store, Walmart, dollar store, gas station, buy it from some kid on the street, have it shipped from Mars, or whatever. And then for each of those categories you click on will add another 30 line x 10 column grid of dumb questions based on that sub-topic.

So even if you do shop at all of the above, just tell them you buy everything at the local Safeway and minimize the repetitive questions.

I finished the Neilsen.Or I should say my daughter did.However that was only once outta of 50 times.