pinecone household questions

peach6

This is the second time in a month that I have received the household questions but no surveys following it used to be when you you got the household questions about a week or so later you would get an actual survey.Is anybody else seeing this ?

Yes. It's happened to me a few times lately. Or, the survey that I do get shortly after the Household questions has nothing to do with the Household questions I just did. It's not what we have come to expect from PInceone but it's really not that odd, when you think about it. There are several reasons why it could be happening.

Basically, in lieu of actually putting us through those annoying pre-qualifying rounds that we would have to go through with every other survey place to try to get a survey, the Household questions are in place to serve as a qualifying round. Those surveys screen us for what we use/eat/buy, etc. Pinecone may feel that we're not a perfect match for whatever the actual survey is going to be (after we take the Household questions), and therefore we'd never see the actual survey connected to a specific Household questions survey.

Or, for whatever reason, maybe they don't have the actual survey ready to go just yet and they just want to pre-qualify us in advance.

Or, as they refresh their panel and bring in new members, they distribute some of the surveys to them instead. They don't give each survey to all of their members, so some of us get certain surveys and some of us get others. When I first got accepted into Pinecone I was getting a lot more surveys to do than my friend who had already been with them for years!

Basically, the changes you notice in Pinecone are probably due to the same reasons for the changes recently noticed in One Opinion, in Opinion Outpost and anywhere else that seems to be offering up fewer surveys to us over time -- they get new members and those members get the surveys that we would have otherwise gotten. It's typical survey panel behavior, I think -- it sucks for us, of course, but it's what they do. They need to get fresh new opinions and keep new members active.

I thought it happened to me because I filled out some household questions a couple of weeks ago and didn't get a survey, but I just got one today. That was my fourth survey this month, but not all of them had household questions directly before them, so I'm thinking the household questions are not always for a current survey and might be for much later surveys.

...Or, the survey that I do get shortly after the Household questions has nothing to do with the Household questions I just did.

This has also happened to me a couple of times recently.

On a related Pincecone note:

I have been getting a lot of surveys where they say the manufacturer would like me to try the product and ask if I would be willing, then they never send the product. Is that happening to other people?... Some of those I really wanted to try! I hope they send the product associated with today's survey.

What happens is that if you meet the guidelines and want to try the project, you go in a queue. That way, everyone gets a chance. When your turn is up, you get the next available product test. For the longest time, I kept getting only dog food. UGH!

I just had another household question survey that makes 3 in the last month and no survey in the last month or it might even be a little longer.

What happens is that if you meet the guidelines and want to try the project, you go in a queue. That way, everyone gets a chance. When your turn is up, you get the next available product test. For the longest time, I kept getting only dog food. UGH!

Oh, is that how it works? I had no idea. :|

I have been getting a lot of surveys where they say the manufacturer would like me to try the product and ask if I would be willing, then they never send the product. Is that happening to other people?... Some of those I really wanted to try! I hope they send the product associated with today's survey.

I haven't seen a single "test" product from them yet, though up until today I wasn't sure if it was just a case of my neighbors stealing it, or a lazy mail carrier. But now that I know other people aren't getting these things either, I guess Pinecone isn't actually sending out samples.

Of course, considering a lot of the surveys that they have sent me have to do with refrigerated, perishable food items, it is probably just as well that they DON'T mail them. :twisted:

actually the refrigerated stuff does well in the mail.. they spend a fortune shipping it in styro boxes with dry ice.. the last one i got even included a thermometer so i could be sure it was that cold for the duration of shipping..

but yeah, it's been slow the last few weeks for me on Pinecone.

I just finished 2 back-to-back PTs for Pinecone (both really good products that I would buy in a store, but non-edible, sadly!). Frankly, given the fact that my mysurvey PT has forever disappeared into the great unknown somewhere because of either lazy, inept UPS drivers or greedy, evil neighbors, it is a miracle that any other PTs from any other companies get to me at all! I think that Ipsos i-say is supposed to be sending me something in this upcoming week and who knows where it will end up?

The majority of Pinecone surveys that I've done have ended with the question about trying the product. Eight times out of 10 it is a product I would really love to try, or a product that I already know I would definitely buy/need/use. In fact, the last survey I did for them a few days ago was something I'd really love to test, but I don't expect that I will get it since I just tested 2 other products for them. I think they ask everyone if they want to test the products, but as ssssurvey stated above, we get put in a queue so that different people have a chance to test things during the year.

I think that last year I had a couple of Pinecone PTs early in the year and then maybe one or two much later in the year and that was it.

This is the second time in a month that I have received the household questions but no surveys following it used to be when you you got the household questions about a week or so later you would get an actual survey.Is anybody else seeing this ?

That's happened to me too, and now I haven't gotten any surveys from Pinecone for a few weeks now.

I thought it happened to me because I filled out some household questions a couple of weeks ago and didn't get a survey, but I just got one today. That was my fourth survey this month, but not all of them had household questions directly before them, so I'm thinking the household questions are not always for a current survey and might be for much later surveys.
...Or, the survey that I do get shortly after the Household questions has nothing to do with the Household questions I just did.

This has also happened to me a couple of times recently.

Me too--I keep waiting for FedEx to drop off the product(s) but nothing....