surveys that get my goat!!

theskyhunter

a few minutes ago i started a small survey, .50 for 5 minutes with Clixsense. done the qualifying thingy, got to the survey just like that. it was about del monte canned veggies/ french cut green beans with roasted garlic(YUM YUM). came to the snd or maybe 3rd question and it asked me would i but it or not. i said might or might not. WHAM!! got DQ'D. what kind of response was that? i thought a survey was meant to be used to find out what one thinks about a certain product. i at least figured they'd want to know why i gave my answer as that. it was kinda funny. i sat there for a few seconds thinking... what...the...heck...was ...that...all..about? :? i jusy dont know what to think about these survey panels anymore. :D

Why did you click "might or might not buy" if you thought the product was yummy?

Anyway, yes, that's happened to me a few times. Most notably with one food product which I did like. I clicked "probably would buy", and I was screened out. I guess the only response they wanted was, "Yes, of course why wouldn't I buy three boxes of this product I've never heard of or tried before!"

I love when they ask, "how many boxes would you buy the first time?" I always put "one" because I would want to try it first. The thing is, from experience, you learn to lie (fib?) in order to get through a survey. I don't get it either, if they are looking for the truth, why did they DQ you. If you answered like you did, they could have had a fill in box asking why.

Why did you click "might or might not buy" if you thought the product was yummy?

Anyway, yes, that's happened to me a few times. Most notably with one food product which I did like. I clicked "probably would buy", and I was screened out. I guess the only response they wanted was, "Yes, of course why wouldn't I buy three boxes of this product I've never heard of or tried before!"

it would have depended on the price of the product

a few minutes ago i started a small survey, .50 for 5 minutes with clixsense. done the qualifying thingy, got to the survey just like that. it was about del monte canned veggies/ french cut green beans with roasted garlic(YUM YUM). came to the snd or maybe 3rd question and it asked me would i but it or not. i said might or might not. WHAM!! got DQ'D. what kind of response was that? i thought a survey was meant to be used to find out what one thinks about a certain product. i at least figured they'd want to know why i gave my answer as that. it was kinda funny. i sat there for a few seconds thinking... what...the...heck...was ...that...all..about? :? i jusy dont know what to think about these survey panels anymore. :D

yep--I hate that--getting d/q'ed because instead of putting down 'definitely would purchase' I'm honest and put down 'might or might not purchase' because it depends on the price (or coupons available, etc). It's like they're skewing the survey results. At least we like it enough to consider buying it. Besides if they have a terrible product idea, and no one wants to buy it, isn't that an important finding? Why not keep those results as well? seems like something shady is going on with some of these surveys--seems like they're being manipulated to give the whoever is commissioning them the answers they want--maybe so they can do an ad saying '9 out of 10 people surveyed love our product'

I'll add another survey that 'got my goat': this morning I clicked on one of OO's 5 point surveys and as soon as I clicked 'take survey' to start--I was 'flagged for data concerns!!! ha ha! I hadn't even answered the first question! Crazy!

...I'll add another survey that 'got my goat': this morning I clicked on one of OO's 5 point surveys and as soon as I clicked 'take survey' to start--I was 'flagged for data concerns!!! ha ha! I hadn't even answered the first question! Crazy!

That has happened to me off and on with OO in the few weeks since I've been a member there, but yesterday it happened 5 times in a row, literally, before ever even answering one question. I was neither able to do surveys through their email invitations nor from My Dashboard because of the constant "flagged for data concerns." Today, miraculously, I was able to complete one survey for OO, and make it through the DQ'ing process on a couple of others, and then the "flagged for data concerns" message reared its head again and I gave up.

Honestly, I don't even think that there are any real "data concerns" involved. I think that OO has a bug-filled system that causes endless trouble in that way, or in the cashing out process, etc. I have honestly never encountered any survey site that has as many technical issues as OO has, in my whole survey-taking history!

There are a few lately that ask what state you live in and instead of the drop down box it's a page of the 50 states. That's fine only they are not in alphabetical order. Why do they do that? It only takes a few extra seconds but sort of sets a negative mood for me during the survey.

I agree regarding the "how many boxes would you buy?" question... I always put One, because I too want to try it first. What a stupid question! Honestly, I have just about had it with them all.

I agree regarding the "how many boxes would you buy?" question... I always put One, because I too want to try it first. What a stupid question! Honestly, I have just about had it with them all.

I put always put 'one' as well. Of course, you're going to want to try it out first before buying, like 10 packages. And I don't think I've ever put 'zero' either--the question is 'how many boxes would you buy the first time?' so the question itself presumes you're buying the product imo.