Survey data needed for business plan

predbites

Hi all,

My name is Michael Porter and I am trying to start my own business and I need to create a business plan. I need a market research section and I am really struggling to find a way to do this without money.

I was wondering if it would be ok for me to put the link to my survey on here as I do need a large amount of responses. I'm afraid I can't offer anything but it is only 15 questions??

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

You might want to talk to your local chapter of "SCORE" or "sba.gov" Small Business Administration. The Chamber of Commerce is big on giving advice. Between the 3 of them you should have access to a lot of freebies.

The SBA also has a way of providing funds that don't necessarily have to be reimbursed.

• 2 months later...

These are all good suggestions.

You might also want to find the right market segment for your business plan too. Who will be your customers? Anybody? Or people with a particular interest?

If you can find a forum for that interest and post your link there, then you will have a lot respondents replying because of their keen interest and not because

they want to get paid.

I'll check out your link, as I always like to help start-ups having been a startup myself.

Also consider doing a SWOT analysis too, if you haven't already. And ask the aforementioned business groups if they would critique it. I found everyone seemed to consider my

plan more serious when they knew I had a SWOT.

-RKO

I took your poll. If you want some feedback to the poll itself, let me know.

Well designed polls and surveys is a strong interest of mine.

But as the saying goes, " The worst vice is to offer ad-vice without being asked. :D

Good luck with your business plan.

-RKO

Hi all,

My name is Michael Porter and I am trying to start my own business and I need to create a business plan. I need a market research section and I am really struggling to find a way to do this without money.

I was wondering if it would be ok for me to put the link to my survey on here as I do need a large amount of responses. I'm afraid I can't offer anything but it is only 15 questions??

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Michael, Tellwut offers surveys for businesses, and I believe they are extremely inexpensive. They have a huge database of customers. If you are interested, please post your email address here, and I will send you a link. I am a member there and have never done a huge survey through them, however, they are one of the top ranked companies on here.