Mysurvey lied

footfree

I did a survey or tried and it said you could get 5 points for trying.However they lied they didn't give me my points.I didn't write down the survey no.so I cant even email them about.But ya know I shouldn't have to if your going to offer something then do it.Just another reason to stay p.o.ed at them.

I miss the days when they used to automatically give 5 points for every survey attempt, even if we were DQ'd. That changed when they hooked up with Lightspeed.

I think this must be one of those phases of time in which I'm doing well with particular survey sites, while everyone else is having bad luck! The tides will turn eventually. Other than the recent mishap with the PT that mysurvey sent me (which never arrived and is lost forever), I have been doing a lot of surveys for them lately and having a lot of luck. I got a $15 PayPal from them today. Next week I should get the other $10 PayPal I ordered. I also just did a 150-point survey for them today. I've been building up points rather quickly in recent months -- but it's not always that way for me so, as I said, it's just a phase of luck.

Rest assured, there will be times again in the future when I am not doing well with mysurvey and other people are having great luck! Right now, though, they're working for me!

footfree you've been around long enough to know this is par for the course.

BTW - I booted them 4 years ago for taking $19 bucks from me. Biggest ripoff in my survey carrier and one of several.

footfree you've been around long enough to know this is par for the course.

BTW - I booted them 4 years ago for taking $19 bucks from me. Biggest ripoff in my survey carrier and one of several.

Your right I've been around and know it's par so I just want to warn anyone who is still taking their surveys to write down the survey no. before ya do it.Don't be a idiot and trust them like I did.

I miss the days when they used to automatically give 5 points for every survey attempt, even if we were DQ'd. That changed when they hooked up with Lightspeed.

I think this must be one of those phases of time in which I'm doing well with particular survey sites, while everyone else is having bad luck! The tides will turn eventually. Other than the recent mishap with the PT that MySurvey sent me (which never arrived and is lost forever), I have been doing a lot of surveys for them lately and having a lot of luck. I got a $15 PayPal from them today. Next week I should get the other $10 PayPal I ordered. I also just did a 150-point survey for them today. I've been building up points rather quickly in recent months -- but it's not always that way for me so, as I said, it's just a phase of luck.

Rest assured, there will be times again in the future when I am not doing well with MySurvey and other people are having great luck! Right now, though, they're working for me!

Sherry, I was told I would be getting those paper towels also and never got them. I no doubt that we will see more surveys, but who knows how many points they will ask before we can cash out?

Everytime I did a survey for my survey that would be for a product test it never said if you were selected it will be shipped on or about this date so I always got it but I think about a month ago I thought I would be receiving toilet pape but never did get it.

rosiesmom & peach6 -

My recent "lost PT" situation was a little bit different than usual. I've been with mysurvey for the better part of 10 years. I've done tons of surveys over the years that say "If we send you the product to test," etc., etc.; they confirm my address and they usually don't give the approximate arrival date (though every now and then they will give a heads up so I can look out for it). That seems to be the norm.

This most recent time mysurvey actually sent me the PT follow-up email and the follow-up survey was on my home page -- so the product had been sent out and they assumed I had been testing it all along. However, it never arrived -- so I can only guess that it was swiped by the person in my building who rummaged through another tenant's packages not too long ago (that would be a likely conclusion), or it was somehow re-routed to another addressee. But mysurvey has never sent my PTs to the wrong address before, nor have they ever sent me a PT follow-up survey when I didn't get a PT, so I have to think an evil tenant is to blame.

I'm not sure what the PT was that never reached me -- it may have been paper towels or something else. I can't recall.

In any case, lately I have had good luck with earning points and cashing out fairly often with mysurvey, but it definitely goes in waves and there are dry spells!

I noticed that too--I rarely even take their surveys anymore, but did one a week or two ago and didn't get the 5 points either. I think these companies push the envelope to see how much they can get away with before their survey population shrivels so much they can't stay in business.

The only way to send them a signal is to just say 'no' to their surveys. Go with someone who is consistent and upfront. So far for me--and I just joined after finding SurveyPolice--Opinion Outpost has been one of the best--maybe the best because there are usually at least a few surveys you can complete every day and build up points quickly. Rewards aren't 'pending' (aka 'in limbo' ) for weeks or months and cashing out is quick and easy--you immediately get the money as soon as you hit submit. No waiting period as far as I could tell, and if there is one it's quite short. And no cash-out fee.

Pinecone is good, but only if you get a survey invitation--they are hit-and-miss for me. I only get a few surveys a month--if that. Valued Opinions used to be somewhat decent--but after they began charging you to redeem you own cash rewards, and keep rewards pending for months, they are now on my 'questionable practices' list. Ipoll would be okay if they didn't d/q you from just about every survey you begin. Pending rewards situation too. The best thing is you can get an amazon or visa promo code without a fee. I believe they charge you 3% for Paypal though.

I figured out a good way to use those visa promo codes--buy a gift certificate from your favorite grocery store. I think most supermarkets with a website have a way to order them online so you can use the visa code. I was able to use my last $30 visa code (from VO before they began charging fees for them) on $10 and $20 GC from my local store and used them immediately.

Anyone else have a preferred survey site? And if you do why?

Huntress -

That question probably deserves its own separate thread but Darwin's Data is the new place that everyone likes because you get a $10 Amazon gift card just for filling out their profile survey, which can take anywhere from 15 - 30 minutes to complete. Then, for every "real" survey (about one hour long or just under) you do you get a $25 Amazon gift card. After you have completed 2 surveys you get a $25 bonus Amazon GC. The surveys (and the profile survey) revolve around court cases -- basically, they want to know which side you would take in each case -- Plaintiff's side or Defendant's side. The surveys are probably really interesting & fascinating to some people and really boring & hard to follow for other people because there is legal jargon and a lot of details given to you.

So, Darwin's Data is a good one because the Amazon payouts are generous.

I still like One Opinion, even though other people are having dry spells with that site right now. They have great customer service. I've been having good luck with them lately. They pay at least $1.00 for every survey you complete, and sometimes they pay more than that. You need to get to $25 to cash out, but they send an actual (not a virtual) Visa pre-paid card with the $25 on it. For special online panels and discussions that take place over one day, you can get anywhere from $20-$35. I was supposed to participate in one last week but it was full when I signed in. Hugh -- who is one of the guys in charge of One Opinion -- is going to pay me something anyway (his idea, not mine), just for trying to sign in on time. I thought it was $6.00 that he'd pay, but he said he will pay me $10.

Pinecone is still a favorite, although their new points system just slowed everything down. I like the PTs I get from them.

I still like mysurvey, even though I'm not happy about some of the changes I've seen since they partnered with Lightspeed. I still earn points pretty quickly, and when I get a PT from them it's usually a good one. Plus, I've done special diaries and projects for them that pay extra. Their customer service is bad.

I do like Opinion Outpost -- but only for the fact that it's easy to earn points quickly and cash out at a mere 100 points, which is incredible. Last night I spent a chunk of time doing a few surveys for them in a row (I just cashed out 135 points with OO 2 days ago) and earned 50 points in that time. I just despise the constant technical problems with cashing out (no matter which browser I use), the constant "flagged for data concerns" when I haven't even begun a survey and the weak, inept customer service that blames the panel members for the technical issues that OO has.

I used to be a big proponent of Ipsos i-say -- back in the day, there were a lot of good PTs and it was easy to earn enough points to cash out for $10 every month. Now, it's hard for me to earn enough points to even cash out once every 4 months! The last PT they sent me involved shampoo, and the bottle was only half full! It was as if someone had poured out some of the bottle to test it. If I had seen a bottle in the store that was half-empty, I would never, ever buy it. Since places like Sunshine Rewards started promoting Ipsos i-say, and since i-say took over Synovate's members, everything has gone downhill because there are way too many people doing their surveys and PTs -- and not enough surveys to go around for me. However, others are still having luck with them so they may be worth a try.

I still belong to Valued Opinions and will cash out for the Visa code soon, but I think I'll drop them after that because the fee is crazy. Using the Visa code for a store gift card is a really good idea, but since I pay my phone bills and other bills online I'll just use the Visa code for one of those bill payments. I've done it before and it worked fine.

I also like (invitation-only panels) Smile and Say It and Hearwatchsay. I've won Amazon GCs twice from HWS in the last year (once for $25 and the second time for $50, just a couple of weeks ago), and once from SASI in the last few weeks ($25). They don't pay for surveys (their surveys are infrequent) and they do have some random sweeps drawings (which I do not win), but they mainly want people to participate with quality commentary in some of their weekly topics. The moderators hand-pick the Members of the Week and Members of the Month based on what kind of input they have given (which is why I know that a lot of folks here on Survey Police would do very well on these panels if they were invited in). They do not require a lot of posts -- they want quality more than quantity.

I also like QuickRewards -- It's easy to rack up pennies (literally) just by clicking on things, and if you earn only a few cents or $1.00 in a day, you can cash it out for a PayPal the same day. It doesn't matter how small the amount -- if you earn it, whatever it is, you can request a PayPal for it the same day. The PayPals come through either the same day you order them, or within a couple of days at most. Their owner, Dimitry, is good about crediting the members for surveys that don't credit -- as long as you write in and remember the subject of the survey, the date you did it and who it was for, i.e., Greenfield, Live Sample, MyThoughtCounts, etc.

Huntress -

That question probably deserves its own separate thread but Darwin's Data is the new place that everyone likes because you get a $10 Amazon gift card just for filling out their profile survey, which can take anywhere from 15 - 30 minutes to complete. Then, for every "real" survey (about one hour long or just under) you do you get a $25 Amazon gift card. After you have completed 2 surveys you get a $25 bonus Amazon GC. The surveys (and the profile survey) revolve around court cases -- basically, they want to know which side you would take in each case -- Plaintiff's side or Defendant's side. The surveys are probably really interesting & fascinating to some people and really boring & hard to follow for other people because there is legal jargon and a lot of details given to you.

So, Darwin's Data is a good one because the Amazon payouts are generous.

I still like One Opinion, even though other people are having dry spells with that site right now. They have great customer service. I've been having good luck with them lately. They pay at least $1.00 for every survey you complete, and sometimes they pay more than that. You need to get to $25 to cash out, but they send an actual (not a virtual) Visa pre-paid card with the $25 on it. For special online panels and discussions that take place over one day, you can get anywhere from $20-$35. I was supposed to participate in one last week but it was full when I signed in. Hugh -- who is one of the guys in charge of One Opinion -- is going to pay me something anyway (his idea, not mine), just for trying to sign in on time. I thought it was $6.00 that he'd pay, but he said he will pay me $10.

Pinecone is still a favorite, although their new points system just slowed everything down. I like the PTs I get from them.

I still like mysurvey, even though I'm not happy about some of the changes I've seen since they partnered with Lightspeed. I still earn points pretty quickly, and when I get a PT from them it's usually a good one. Plus, I've done special diaries and projects for them that pay extra. Their customer service is bad.

I do like Opinion Outpost -- but only for the fact that it's easy to earn points quickly and cash out at a mere 100 points, which is incredible. Last night I spent a chunk of time doing a few surveys for them in a row (I just cashed out 135 points with OO 2 days ago) and earned 50 points in that time. I just despise the constant technical problems with cashing out (no matter which browser I use), the constant "flagged for data concerns" when I haven't even begun a survey and the weak, inept customer service that blames the panel members for the technical issues that OO has.

I used to be a big proponent of Ipsos i-say -- back in the day, there were a lot of good PTs and it was easy to earn enough points to cash out for $10 every month. Now, it's hard for me to earn enough points to even cash out once every 4 months! The last PT they sent me involved shampoo, and the bottle was only half full! It was as if someone had poured out some of the bottle to test it. If I had seen a bottle in the store that was half-empty, I would never, ever buy it. Since places like Sunshine Rewards started promoting Ipsos i-say, and since i-say took over Synovate's members, everything has gone downhill because there are way too many people doing their surveys and PTs -- and not enough surveys to go around for me. However, others are still having luck with them so they may be worth a try.

I still belong to Valued Opinions and will cash out for the Visa code soon, but I think I'll drop them after that because the fee is crazy. Using the Visa code for a store gift card is a really good idea, but since I pay my phone bills and other bills online I'll just use the Visa code for one of those bill payments. I've done it before and it worked fine.

I also like (invitation-only panels) Smile and Say It and Hearwatchsay. I've won Amazon GCs twice from HWS in the last year (once for $25 and the second time for $50, just a couple of weeks ago), and once from SASI in the last few weeks ($25). They don't pay for surveys (their surveys are infrequent) and they do have some random sweeps drawings (which I do not win), but they mainly want people to participate with quality commentary in some of their weekly topics. The moderators hand-pick the Members of the Week and Members of the Month based on what kind of input they have given (which is why I know that a lot of folks here on Survey Police would do very well on these panels if they were invited in). They do not require a lot of posts -- they want quality more than quantity.

I also like QuickRewards -- It's easy to rack up pennies (literally) just by clicking on things, and if you earn only a few cents or $1.00 in a day, you can cash it out for a PayPal the same day. It doesn't matter how small the amount -- if you earn it, whatever it is, you can request a PayPal for it the same day. The PayPals come through either the same day you order them, or within a couple of days at most. Their owner, Dimitry, is good about crediting the members for surveys that don't credit -- as long as you write in and remember the subject of the survey, the date you did it and who it was for, i.e., Greenfield, Live Sample, MyThoughtCounts, etc.

Wow--sherry! what a thorough response! I will be spending time checking out some of those sites. Using the Visa promo code to buy grocery store GC's is a good way to use them up--I received my grocery card GC's in the mail within 48 hrs and used them up the same day they arrived on my weekly groceries. I like the Visa Promo Codes more now that I've thought of a practical way for me to use them. I hope some others will benefit from my idea. I still hate the cash-out fee though. I'm letting my rewards with VO ride in hopes they will either remove or reduce the fee or raise the denomination so it's not such a large % of the value of the card.