OO froze my account?? What did I do?

jadesteva

I have been a fairly long term subscriber. Just a typical homemaker doing surveys to make a little extra around the house.

Do they "unfreeze" my account if I question them? What could I possibly have done?

I honestly do not understand why accounts are frozen or terminated. I think if you have money in the account and they don't pay it to you when they do that, well, I wouldn't even go to the BBB. I would go to my neighbor and have him send a lawyer letter to them. If they consider those points or $$ as payment, then they owe it to you even if it isn't at a cashout point.

You should send them an email. I once read on their Facebook from one member about how they closed her account because they thought she had two accounts. She explained the situation and after a few emails they reopened it.

You need to email customer service. When I tried to cashout by logging into Paypal thru OO via Firefox, instead of a confirmation of my transaction, I was greeted by this message!:

Your Opinion Outpost membership has been terminated for non-compliance with Opinion Outpost's Terms & Conditions. From now on you will be denied access to our website. You also lose the right to all accumulated rewards. Terms & Conditions

This was during my first week with OO and my first time trying to cashout, and I couldn't understand what 'term' or 'condition' I possibly could've violated. I always answer truthfully, never posted profanity, etc. in any of my surveys. I had no idea what I did wrong.

Also I was still able to take survey, the points I was trying to redeem remained in my account (iow they weren't taken away). I emailed customer service to verify my account was not terminated, and they confirmed it, also confirming my points never got redeemed and offering advice on clearing my cache, etc.

I did everything possible to redeem my points via FF, but kept getting the message my account was terminated every time I tried! So I closed FF and logged in via IE. Was able to get thru the whole redemption process without any problems.

Now while I still take my surveys in FF I use IE to redeem my points.

My point is maybe something in your browser is triggering the termination message. So try another browser and if that doesn't work, email CS to ask what happened. I think you deserve to know why your account was locked. Please update us if you get a reply as to the reason.