Opinion Outpost scamming

bozeman

I've been a loyal member for years and unfortunately they are the best site now so i think i put up with more than i normally would.

In the past month i have completed 4 surveys to where i was redirected and told i didn't qualify. I have never had a problem with this. Now let me state, they were completed. I spent 10, 15, and 25 minutes on these surveys.

I contact OO and they tell me that their "records show i didn't qualify" but because i spent more time than usual on them, they will credit me 50 points (50 cents) The surveys i took were for $1.50, $1.00, 2.50 and 1.50.

Not to mention i have 3 surveys still up because they apparently have to wait 6 weeks for clearance on some. Shockingly that deadline has passed for 2 of them and i have had to contact them again.

Word of advice. If possible screen shot right away when they say you've completed the survey and keep records of ones that are pending.

Just ridiculous.

I've been a loyal member for years and unfortunately they are the best site now so i think i put up with more than i normally would.

In the past month i have completed 4 surveys to where i was redirected and told i didn't qualify. I have never had a problem with this. Now let me state, they were completed. I spent 10, 15, and 25 minutes on these surveys.

I contact OO and they tell me that their "records show i didn't qualify" but because i spent more time than usual on them, they will credit me 50 points (50 cents) The surveys i took were for $1.50, $1.00, 2.50 and 1.50.

Not to mention i have 3 surveys still up because they apparently have to wait 6 weeks for clearance on some. Shockingly that deadline has passed for 2 of them and i have had to contact them again.

Word of advice. If possible screen shot right away when they say you've completed the survey and keep records of ones that are pending.

Just ridiculous.

bozeman - Thanks for the heads up. I never thought about doing that. I too have been having a lot of problems lately. :evil:

Just ridiculous.

I just had that exact same thing happen to me yesterday. I KNOW I completed the entire survey. I spent at least the amount of time answering the questions as the survey invitation stated. I got to the end where they have the 'classification' questions (sometimes these appear right at the beginning and you get screened out but often they don't appear until you've completed the survey and are about to receive credit--which I'm certain was the case yesterday).

Then after submitting the final classification answer, I got the redirection link--the one that leads to the Opinion Outpost survey satisfaction page--but instead of getting linked to the survey satisfaction page and getting my points, I got linked to the 'sorry you don't qualify' page. I emailed them about it (with the survey number) because I am certain it was a technical glitch. The survey shows up in my records though as 'not qualified' instead of completed.

I would urge anyone who ran into this problem to email customer service. I really do think it's a bad (erroneous) redirection link vs a scam. If they get enough complaints, they should be more concerned with fixing it.

I do almost nothing with OO anymore. I have $2.30 pending with them right now. I guess if 100 people walk away with money in their accounts, then they are rewarded with treating the people who take surveys like crud. I have been having that happen with Myview and I immediately email them about it. So far they have given me full credit on each of them even though I told them on the last one that I wasn't asking for credit. I am getting ridiculous payouts for spending 20 minutes or more and it isn't just OO, but it seems like the lions share is with them. I just delete them.

Update: I just received a reply from customer service this morning and they credited me for the survey. I just checked my account to validate I got the points and yes, the correct points are now attached to the survey and the status is listed as 'completed.'

Just ridiculous.

Hi bozeman. I'm sorry you're having a hard time with them. 50 points on OO is $5.00.

Screen shots are a good idea and I always forget. I complained last week that a 1 minute survey took 10 mins and they gave me the extra 15 points.

I had a 35 minute survey that took me only 25 minutes and I did not get credit because I was "speeding". Honestly, if it took someone 35 they are a moron because it was incredibly easy with little reading. Grrr...

Just ridiculous.

Hi bozeman. I'm sorry you're having a hard time with them. 50 points on OO is $5.00.

Screen shots are a good idea and I always forget. I complained last week that a 1 minute survey took 10 mins and they gave me the extra 15 points.

Sorry, yeah i meant 50 cents(5 points) Always mix up the point thing. Thanks for pointing that out!

I had a 35 minute survey that took me only 25 minutes and I did not get credit because I was "speeding". Honestly, if it took someone 35 they are a moron because it was incredibly easy with little reading. Grrr...

if i get anything like that i just let it sit in the background for awhile.. if i see the progress bar too near the end for the time i just start slowing down on doing the questions while i do something else.. sometimes i just finish and leave it there until it crosses the 75% mark on time.. which usually is good enough to get through..

if i get anything like that i just let it sit in the background for awhile.. if i see the progress bar too near the end for the time i just start slowing down on doing the questions while i do something else.. sometimes i just finish and leave it there until it crosses the 75% mark on time.. which usually is good enough to get through..

guys, dont they realise that some people read faster than others? most answers are so easy it doesnt take but a few secs to give an answer. its not like we're giving answers to mathmatical equations and stuff. on the same hand i know we need to concentrate some on some of them, but its funny(well, not really) i did get dq'd for taking too long a couple of times. :?

guys, dont they realise that some people read faster than others? most answers are so easy it doesnt take but a few secs to give an answer. its not like we're giving answers to mathmatical equations and stuff. on the same hand i know we need to concentrate some on some of them, but its funny(well, not really) i did get dq'd for taking too long a couple of times. :?

most of the intro questions i don't even have to read the questions i'm so familiar with the answers.. so that takes a lot of time off.. or the really long 'do you agree' pages.. that's all added on their time but i don't bother with it. I saw someone post an answer on this question once though, about them asking them why cut people who can read really fast.. i believe the answer was that they want quality data that includes good thought process or reasoning.. a good amount of time spent considering the answers.. so to them, speed reading defeats this purpose.. i can see what they mean but when we're being constantly paid less, it cuts our motivation to spend more time on the survey.. the more they truly value my time, by more than just telling me my time is valuable all the time, the more likely I am to give them better data... don't they learn anything from the job market? the more qualified someone is, the better job they do, the more they earn.. why not here? unless you have a motivation outside of doing work for money, it's just not going to work.. put executives on the line at McDonalds and see how well they do.. do they keep up their level of work for that much less pay?