Global test market point conversion?

rtsl35

It depends on what you are going for.

For Paypal, one point is worth $00.043478261. So a 35 point survey is worth approximately $1.52.

For checks and Amazon, one point is worth $00.045454545, so a 35 point survey is $1.59.

It used to be one point was 5 cents, made it real easy to figure. 35 points was $1.75.

Not a Sucker explained it well.

Also, you can't cashout for anything until you have at least 1,000 points. Even though there is a 230 points PayPal option you need 1,000 points to get it: you have to mix and match cashout offers to equal 1,000.

Okay with 230 points there's no way for it to equal to 1000.You would have to get to 1150 points before you made the threshold for PayPal at 230-do they have a higher denomination ?I just wonder why they hired a company to take over payments or if they really are making us think they hired another entity and they are the ones keeping the extra points?I know bookkeeping can be a headache but nickel and dimeing people can get tiresome.Big banks do it so why not them too?Aggravating to say the least.And just because they do it doesnt mean I have to like it but I guess I have to except like I said before what are we to do?

Okay with 230 points there's no way for it to equal to 1000.You would have to get to 1150 points before you made the threshold for PayPal at 230-do they have a higher denomination ?

They do have higher denominations, 230 is just the least....You have to mix and match the rewards (I believe) to make 1,000. Or, like you said, wait to get 1150 and choose five 230 pt PayPals. I'm sure they did this on purpose.

I posted it in the other thread.. the point totals are new now.. depending on the reward you choose, the points have values that are now 10% or 15% lower.. here's the breakdown for Paypal and Amazon (check is also 10%)

Paypal

$10- 230 points (200 normal/ equals $1.50 charge)

$15- 345 points (300 normal/ equals $2.25 charge)

$20- 460 points (400 normal/ equals $3.00 charge)

$100- 2300 points (2000 normal/ equals $15 charge)

so basically a $50 cash out with Paypal is getting a $7.50 charge, which makes Valued Opinions look good

at most Paypal would be 3% on the transaction, meaning $100 transferred should only cost $3..

they're charging us 15 percent here!

Amazon

$10- 220 points (200 normal/ equals $1.00 charge)

$15- 330 points (300 normal/ equals $1.50 charge)

$25- 550 points (500 normal/ equals $2.50 charge)

so the $50 cash out with Amazon would equal a $5 charge

I will no longer be doing surveys for them, why don' they just take a point or two along the way rather than give us a slap in the face. In the end it doesn't matter, but I do not understand why all of a sudden we are paying for their transactions. Just start mailing checks out, like they used to.

It depends on what you are going for.

For Paypal, one point is worth $00.043478261. So a 35 point survey is worth approximately $1.52.

For checks and Amazon, one point is worth $00.045454545, so a 35 point survey is $1.59.

It used to be one point was 5 cents, made it real easy to figure. 35 points was $1.75.

lol @how much one point is worth. How did you calculate that number? :shock:

Either way, thanks for explaining each point worth.

They are laughing at us whilst insulting our intelligence at the same time ... "Take it or leave it Sucker" is their mantra :evil:

Oh c'mon, they aren't so bad. I actually like them..they are paying us something! :D

they're still the most fair paying for me for the time.. outside of American Consumer Opinion and Pinecone which are infrequent in comparison.

Exactly.

I just heard on the radio this morning that some credit card companies are now starting to charge 1.50 per month fee whether you make a charge or not.At least the person talking about it just started to notice the new charge on his account even though he overpaid by 8.50 they took that out and gave him a credit of $7.00.I dont know when he opened the account but always read the fine print.Just like survey companies read the fine print.Banks and survey companies and who knows who else is nickleing and dimeing all of us.

I didn't watch TV this morning. If mine does that I will be cancelling the account. I am not going to pay them a ton of money in interest every year and then have them nickel and dime me to death. Nope, nope, nope.

I just heard on the radio this morning that some credit card companies are now starting to charge 1.50 per month fee whether you make a charge or not.At least the person talking about it just started to notice the new charge on his account even though he overpaid by 8.50 they took that out and gave him a credit of $7.00.I dont know when he opened the account but always read the fine print.Just like survey companies read the fine print.Banks and survey companies and who knows who else is nickleing and dimeing all of us.

That's really messed up! :?