I-Say by Ipsos.. youve got to be kidding me!!...???

theskyhunter

guys, this is the email thread that i just recently had with Ipsos with a problem that i know all of you know about. look at the answer they gave me. what can i say? :P

1st the email i sent-"im kinda upset with this survey and it seems to happeneing alot lately. i qualified for the survey and spent bit of time on it and about halfway thru it it and all of a sudden im taken to the page where it says i dont qualify. how can i be disqualified when i had qualified . something aint right. this is getting to be a big hassle doing and spending alot of time on these surveys and havings things like this going on alot lately. im about ready hang it up on doing these things. and please dont give me the old generic answer that the quotas got full. im really tired of hearing that one."

2nd, their response-"Hi,

I’m sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Sometimes, our clients decide to place screening variables not only in the beginning of a questionnaire, but also at some later stages of the survey. Therefore, in such cases you may answer a few more questions than usual before being notified of the screening.

In addition, there are a set number of respondents who fall under different categories, called "quotas". If, for example, we need 230 men aged 25-30 to answer a certain survey, the 231st may be screened out, as the quota will have already been reached. Unfortunately, this is a necessary procedure in all online surveys, without which we would never be able to evaluate and balance the results of any survey.

I hope you don’t encounter this issue in future surveys. Should you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Amy

Ipsos i-say panel team"

3rd me-"as i expected you gave this genric answer anyways. im really disappointed in this.this statement you gave me here- "In addition, there are a set number of respondents who fall under different categories, called "quotas". If, for example, we need 230 men aged 25-30 to answer a certain survey, the 231st may be screened out, as the quota will have already been reached." that is a bunch of hogwash. every survey has this info at the start of their surveys, so why wasnt i dq'd then. and as for the "screening variables" line, are you joking? as for maybe answering a "FEW" more questions! a "FEW" more questions is not not me spending 10 or 15 minutes of my valuable time answering a "FEW" more questions! ive been doing surveys for a long time now and i thought id heard it all! let me put it this way, if youre going to continue to have surveys like this, you need to get in touch with whoever sets thse surveys up and tell them to correct these flaws. or else dont send me any other like these because if i get 1 more like this im done with your panel. ive already dropped a couple other panels for simular reasons and i wont hesitate to do it again. ive been a member(and a faithful 1 at that) of your panel for several yrs now, but youre starting to more and more becoming like most panels out there now. im sorry but getting only a measly 5 cents for my time and trouble just aint worth it."

yall know as well as i that things arent getting any better out there in survey land, but we still have a voice. it may help and it might not, but at least you would get it off your chest.

No it's not going to get better especially without some form of regulation.However I don't see that happening.I would gladly see some form of regulation but not sure how or when or even if that'll ever happen.

Last time I had a problem with them I told them I deserve the same respect as I give them and then they gave me my points.Then wouldn't you know it about a month later I get a email from them saying they would look into the matter.I emailed them back and told them everything had been taken care of.Sounds like incompetence to me.It's very frustrating when either "a." people aren't doing their job properly or" b. "they just don't give a damn.