Warning About ValuedOpinions

ManitouMan

Here is another online survey site that I consider "sneaky". It is www.valuedopinions.com. I've been using this site for a few years now. I take surveys to get to the $20 goal, and then I redeem for a $20 Amazon Gift Code. They have a progress bar that shows how much you have in your account. The last time I accumulated $20, I thought, as usual that I would redeem for a $20 Amazon Gift Code. I was in for a surprise, because they changed the requirement for a $20 Amazon Gift Code to $22. However, my progress bar currently goes up to $20. In other words, since they have changed the requirement for a $20 Amazon Gift Code to $22, they have NOT changed the progress bar to go up to $22. In other words, it is misleading. Sneaky.

I'm no fan of VO's tactics of now charging us 10% to receive an amazon gc and 25% to receive a Visa Promo Code, but I think the progress bar goes up to $20 because there are several items you can get for $20--iTunes, spa week, restaurant.com, Macy gc's etc.

i suggested a $100 amazon card that we can save up for but they never replied..

I suggested a higher amount for the Visa Promo Code so the $5 fee would be a smaller % of the total value.