Scam Using Pinecone's Name

1957horses

WOW do they really think that seasoned survey takers would fall for this??..................... :lol:

WARNING IF YOU ARE A NEW SURVEY TAKER DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM

I never filled out an application....................... :roll:

Dear Applicant,

Following the successful assessment of your app lication which took place couple of minutes ago, you have been selected as a Secret Evaluator in your region of the United States. We strongly believe you've got what it takes to carry out the various survey in your region and hope we'll not be disappointed.

Your First Assignment:

To carry out a Secret Evaluation on the nearest Western Union outlet in your location by forwarding a fixed amount {$1550.00} to a "Mystery Consumer" in another region conducting the same survey at the "Recipient" end. The recipient details will be provided to you in subsequent email.

A check for $1850.00 has been issued to you and should get delivered within the next 2 business days via postal service

Cash the check.

Your income is $150.00 for the survey.

You are to deduct another $150.00 to cover the transfer charges (Money in Minutes Service) at the Western Union outlet.

Visit http://www.Westernunion.com to locate the nearest Western Union outlet in your location.

How to rate the Western Union Outlet Service:

You're to rate the Western Union outlet's service by simply observing and recording the parameters hereunder.

Hour of the day: A.M. / P.M.

Debut of agent:

Appropriateness:

Time taken to complete transaction:

Courteousness:

Competency:

Number of staffs present in outlet:

Was your identity required for sending such amount:

Future improvement(s) you would want to see:

Upon Completion of the survey, you are to send us an e-mail with your ratings of the outlet under the parameters above.

● Kindl y reply to acknowledge receipt of this Email if you fully understand this procedure and will be available to accept the payment

Thanks for your interest and CONFIDENTIAL participation in Pinecone Research. . .where we value you, your time, you r privacy and your opinions.

Thanks in advance for your participation.

Have a great day!< /span>

< /span>

Sincerely,

Karen Scott

< /span>

Email: [email protected]

If you wish to opt out from receiving future emails from Pinecone Research, please click t he link below:

http://www.pineconeresearch.com/OptOut/OptOut.asp

Copyright © 2013 Pinecone Research

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEGAL NOTICE: The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the individual(s) or entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information protected from use and/or disclosure by law, including information that is protected as confidential, attorney-client privileged, attorney work product and/or trade secrets. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the addressee, the reader is hereby notified that any use, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you believe you have received this facsimile or message in error, please immediately notify us at our expense by return mail or e-mail and permanently delete or destroy all copies of the message.

This just sounds like a scam. These sort of scams have been around for years. Yes, of course just send a lump sum of money to another "secret evaluator" and $150 is yours...Lol.

Also, the email address is wrong and the English is terrible. I can't believe anyone would fall for this.

This just sounds like a scam. These sort of scams have been around for years. Yes, of course just send a lump sum of money to another "secret evaluator" and $150 is yours...Lol.

Also, the email address is wrong and the English is terrible. I can't believe anyone would fall for this.

Unfortunately, these people still do these types of things for a reason. All it takes is a couple dummies out of thousands and it's like 6 months of living for the scammers.

I got an email using the Pinecone Research name but it was in my spam filter, which alerted me to the possible fraud. I forwarded it to Karen Scott who then replied with a link to the Pinecone website about possible fraudulent emails using the Pinecone name. I believe Pinecone will always use your name and respondent id, etc in their emails.

I found this in my spam folder, it was sent 5 days ago. When I clk the link it just takes me to a search engine. Did anyone else get this email? Is it real, did anyone clk the link? I replied, telling them the link didn't work.

Pinecone Research®

Jul 6 (5 days ago)

to mail

http://pineconeresearch.com/Images/header.jpg

You are invited to participate in our Evaluation Surveys.

{Compensation: 150 USD on every survey you conduct.}

>>>>> Click Here To Register Online <<<<<

© 2013 Pinecone Research Foundation

I found this in my spam folder, it was sent 5 days ago. When I clk the link it just takes me to a search engine. Did anyone else get this email? Is it real, did anyone clk the link? I replied, telling them the link didn't work.

PineCone Research®

Jul 6 (5 days ago)

to mail

http://pineconeresearch.com/Images/header.jpg

You are invited to participate in our Evaluation Surveys.

{Compensation: 150 USD on every survey you conduct.}

>>>>> Click Here To Register Online <<<<<

© 2013 PineCone Research Foundation

Yes--I got that or something similar yesterday. It was also in my spam folder and I deleted it.