Have you ever been DQ'D from a survey for "straight lining"?

greeneyeddevils

Just wondering how many people have been dq'd from surveys for "straight lining"? I was dq'd from a survey since they told me that too many of my answers were the same...which I think is a bunch a crap since if the survey asks the same question over & over again I'm going to give you the same answer over & over as well...

Just wondering how many people have been dq'd from surveys for "straight lining"? I was dq'd from a survey since they told me that too many of my answers were the same...which I think is a bunch a crap since if the survey asks the same question over & over again I'm going to give you the same answer over & over as well...

Or they ask you are you sure about your answers ?Sometimes your answers are straight lining and they are true and accurate.I know a lot of people may lie so instead of asking if we are telling the truth why don't they squeeze some more of those silly questions in to see if we are really reading the questions or not.

Usually the only time I straight line is when they ask me about a product and I say no I have never used it then they proceed to ask a bunch of questions about it. If I've never used it then most of my answers are going to be the same...

No, I haven't been, but my straightlines are never actually straight....If a survey takes much longer than the stated time then straightlining becomes my best bud.

This happened to me once. But I don't know if you would call it straight-lining. They survey itself was "strange." And it was asking me what traits are female and which are male. It was something like that, only much more complicated, but I forget. And I put the SAME answers for each (both male and female). Seemed fine to me (but not them). :? @their weird survey!

No, I haven't been, but my straightlines are never actually straight....If a survey takes much longer than the stated time then straightlining becomes my best bud.

Same here... Fair is fair! :arrow:

Actually, I hadn't thought of that. Good point. I just straightlined again yesterday and it was because those were my actual answers. I thought they'd DQ me so actually was reluctant to tell the truth because I thought of this thread. They shouldn't DQ just because of that. Besides, they can screen out the deliberate straight-liners by those"'please answer 'disagree completely' or ' "rate this 7 to mark your place in the survey" questions.

Actually, something even worse happened to me one time.....

It was an endless survey about insurance companies. And a lot of my responses were legitimately straight lined, because I was happy with my current insurance provider, and didn't want to change.

Well, after a while I figured out why the survey was endless...... it was one of the rare ones that actually had a bar graph in the corner that let you know where you were at in the survey. Only the percentage kept going backward, and the questions (or should I say pages of 12x12 grids) kept repeating, because they wouldn't accept my straight lined responses. Even though they were, in fact, my honest answers.

So I did the only thing I could do to complete the survey. The only thing it would let me do.

I lied.

Because false answers were the only thing that would let me move on to the next page.

Now I ask you lurking survey company desk jockeys....... are you REALLY serving your clients well by not allowing honest answers?

Actually, something even worse happened to me one time.....

It was an endless survey about insurance companies. And a lot of my responses were legitimately straight lined, because I was happy with my current insurance provider, and didn't want to change.

Well, after a while I figured out why the survey was endless...... it was one of the rare ones that actually had a bar graph in the corner that let you know where you were at in the survey. Only the percentage kept going backward, and the questions (or should I say pages of 12x12 grids) kept repeating, because they wouldn't accept my straight lined responses. Even though they were, in fact, my honest answers.

So I did the only thing I could do to complete the survey. The only thing it would let me do.

I lied.

Because false answers were the only thing that would let me move on to the next page.

Now I ask you lurking survey company desk jockeys....... are you REALLY serving your clients well by not allowing honest answers?

Another good point. I had a bunch of straight-lined answers again, but it was because I was telling the truth. Thankfully, I didn't get DQ'ed or prevented from continuing until I changed an answer.