Amazon Gift Cards on Ebay

fiestyvermin

So maybe someone can help me understand what makes these people, I hate to use the term stupid,but it doesnt make sense. After reading about cardpool and the other sites I thought just for giggles I would look and see how amazon fares on ebay. They have 121 cards and everyone of those with little to no time left is going for more than the value of the GC. The worst is 500 with the bid at 510 with 123 bids. I have bought tons and tons of stuff off ebay and I understand getting caught up in the auction fever and even the wanting to win. But what makes these people or why would they pay more than thecard is worth on ebay as opposed to just buying it off Amazon without the headache or hassle. The sellers I can understand but the fees on ebay are ridiculous but still its cash in the bank and you might not have another choice.

I am talking about auctions and not buy it now prices.

Yeah amazon: cash, credit cards, debit, I do not know how amazon takes cash, they dont do paypal but thats the same as using credit or debit, The bottom line is why would anybody ever offer more than the price of a gift card? I realize ease and everything else but its a ton easier on amazon than ever trying to find a specific price point on ebay.

If you are getting a 5-10% discount thats one thing but for face value its way over blown and the only one getting anything is ebay. Normal for every auction they hold but still

• 8 months later...

Many people can't pay for items on Amazon because they only accept credit cards, so an Amazon gift card is the only other payment method on Amazon. I sell Amazon gift cards on eBay but I start the bidding on a $10 Gift card at $3. I can't stand it when people sell Amazon Gift Cards for three times the price of what they are worth just to take advantage of people. I would never do that.